SVP / VP, Engineering Lead, Application Development, Investment & Insurance, Consumer Banking Group, Technology & Operations
Group Technology and Operations (T&O) enables and empowers the bank with an efficient, nimble and resilient infrastructure through a strategic focus on productivity, quality & control, technology, people capability and innovation. In Group T&O, we manage the majority of the Bank's operational processes and inspire to delight our business partners through our multiple banking delivery channels. Background we are looking for
- You love solving problems and building solutions.
- You believe in Agile development and putting the customer first in anything you design; experience with SCRUM is a plus.
- You're self-motivated and have a demonstrated track record of self-learning and going above and beyond.
- You're excited to create high traffic back and front-end distributed services for customers.
- You're a hands-on leader that regularly codes.
- You're comfortable leading a tribe of 30 engineers by example and a strong advocate of good coding standards and like the use of coding tools that will push you to improve the code you deliver like Sonar.
- You understand the importance of thoughtful feedback, nurturing an inclusive engineering environment, championing engineering fundamentals and providing clarity and mentorship for team members to grow.
- You want to hit the ground running on Day 1; you take ownership of your work and can work independently.
- You've designed and clearly understand concepts like Web Services, SOA, REST APIs, RPC, SPRING Framework and Micro Front Ends.
- You know the fundamentals of Object-Oriented Programming using Java, Kotlin, Typescript or Python, or composition using Golang.
- You love Git and are at home with source control concepts such as merge, rebase and pull.
- You've used SQL & NoSQL solutions and understand the pros and cons of relational and free form databases. Good hands on experience with both databases.
Apply Now We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.
- Experience in continuous Integration (CI) pipelines using Jenkins and GIThub and Continuous Testing (CT) to streamline QA
- Experience in delivery of enterprise scale critical systems projects
- Excellent knowledge with microservice architecture
- Excellent knowledge with Java, Spring, Spring boot, Cloud Foundry, OpenShift, AWS, Google Cloud or Azure, Dockers, Kubernetes, React, Kafka, Camunda, Cassandra
- Excellent knowledge with relational databases, preferably MySQL, NoSQL, MariaDB, PostgreSQL.
- Experience in automated testing
- Experience in engaging with senior stakeholders
- Practice in Agile delivery
- A technical mindset with great attention to detail
- Good leadership skills
- Team player
- Good time-management skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills