SVP / VP, Solution Architect Big Data Analytics (C2MA), Group Consumer Banking and Big Data Analytics Technology, Technology & Operations
Group Technology and Operations (T&O) enables and empowers the bank with an efficient, nimble and resilient infrastructure through a strategic focus on productivity, quality & control, technology, people capability and innovation. In Group T&O, we manage the majority of the Bank's operational processes and inspire to delight our business partners through our multiple banking delivery channels.
DBS is the World's Best Digital Bank is on a mission to reimagine banking and make it a seamless and invisible part of our everyday lives. We put digital priorities at the heart of banking, designing and creating products and services to help our customers. Digital innovation pervades every part of the bank, from our consumer banking arm to corporate banking arm. With a strong culture of innovation, experimenting with new technology and collaboration with the FinTech community, we aim to simplify banking so we can help others Live More, Bank Less.
At DBS, we see ourselves as a 22,000 people start up, leveraging start up thinking while relying on the latest innovation to design and develop technology solutions for our customers and people.
We're looking for technologists across varying levels all over the world to be part of a major transformation programme to reimagine banking.
Based in Singapore, you'll be leveraging the latest technology to develop mission critical applications from scratch, using Big Data and other OpenSource technologies, Microservices, cloud technologies, Agile and DevOps Responsibilities
- Define and own end to end architecture for Big Data Analytics Solutions for Consumer Banking Group. Drive our data analytics and ML application architecture.
- Engage with business analysts, marketing, operations teams in Consumer Banking Group to understand their needs and create big data analytics solutions that meet the business needs
- You will work closely with Big Data Engineering and Data Science team to implement, troubleshoot, and optimise distributed applications based on modern big data technologies like Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, etc. in both an on premise and cloud deployment model to solve large scale processing problems.
- Lead the transformation of a peta-byte scale batch-based processing platform to a near real-time streaming platform using technologies such as Kafka and Spark.
- Transition several 100's of existing applications (based in Teradata, Informatica, Qlik View, SAS based analytics and ML models) to modern big data analytics applications based on Hadoop, Spark, Kafka etc
- Well versed with Data Sciences, Machine learning and Deep Learning based solutions and frameworks. Apply technical knowledge to architect solutions that meet business and IT needs infusing key analytics and ML technologies where appropriate
- Provide expert level support to data scientists, data engineers, and operations to deliver high quality analytics, machine learning data pipelines, APIs and end to end solutions.
- Maintain and advance deep technical skills and knowledge, keeping up to date with market trends and competitive insights, and share within the technical community
- Develop deep relationships with key business stakeholders and decision makers to drive cloud adoption within their company to enable them to be cloud advocates
- Technical Degree, min of Bachelors in Computer Science or adjacent fields with 15+ years of software development experience
- 10+ years of expertise in Big Data technologies including Apache Spark, Apache Kafka, Hadoop, No-SQL databases such as Hbase, Cassandra, OLAP columnar storage systems, Bit Map indexes to handle millions of consumers and thousands of attributes while allowing real-time querying and segmentation
- Must have hands on coding skills in Java or Python
- Experience in building data services and applications on both structured and unstructured streaming data
- Experience in operationalising Machine Learning workflows to scale
- Breadth of technical experience and expertise in Business Intelligence, Big Data and Data Science
- Proven track record of driving architecture decisions collaboratively, resolving conflicts and ensuring follow through with exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort with both large and small audiences (Senior Executives, IT management and engineers)
- Hunger to Learn & Teach - Genuine interest to learn new technologies and share it with rest of the engineering team to keep them up-to-date on technology trends.
- Problem solver - Enjoy new and meaningful technology or business challenges which require you to think and respond quickly
- Open source - Prefer open source technologies and build it yourself mentality, open source contribution is highly preferred.
- Team player - Enjoy working collaboratively with a talented group of people to tackle challenging business problems so we all succeed (or fail fast) as a team
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time
- Experience with big data analytics and data science solutions developed in large cloud computing infrastructures such as Amazon Web Services, Azure Cloud, and/or Google Cloud
- Prior experience as a data architect in designing large, complex enterprise data environments, for both structured and unstructured data. Expertise in data modelling, data governance, data mastering, meta-data management, data security and compliance, data lifecycle management, data-tiering and data archiving
- Presence in open source projects will be huge plus.
- Experience with Personalisation, Recommendation, Audience Segmentation systems
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.