SVP and Team Lead, Cloud Engineer, Architecture-Infrastructure/Platform
Group Technology and Operations (T&O) enables and empowers the bank with an efficient, nimble and resilient infrastructure through a strategic focus on productivity, quality & control, technology, people capability and innovation. In Group T&O, we manage the Bank's operational processes and inspire to delight our customers and business partners and through our multiple digital banking channels.
In our digital transformation journey ahead, we intend to build loosely coupled but tightly aligned components that are built expecting to be reused for repeatability and consistency while being able response to changes quickly.
Our systems and applications must adopt common services, platforms, architectural principles, and design patterns. There is a need for an overarching strategy, architecture roadmap that enables our engineering teams to design and build new capabilities & features that are aligned to an end-state vision of how these systems and applications will operate within this architecture framework and being able to engineer them accordingly. The technology runway provides a set of framework and re-usable patterns to enable a consistent approach to security, maintainability and reliability.
- To drive cloud adoption and enable new cloud capability for app build and operation
- Deep engineering on underlying cloud runtime platform in resiliency, cost efficiency, security and speed of enablement.
- Create innovative services / consumables that enable rapid app build and eliminate app operation
- Clearly articulate vision and ability to orchestrate large scale transformation plan
- Work with LOB to understand the business imperatives, business functions, application and technology landscape and their capabilities. Map out the architecture roadmap, technology capabilities and implementation plan.
- Provide technical vision, strategy, and execute the long-term architectural direction, with emphasis on platforms / product reusable components. Perform analysis and make recommendations to senior leadership regarding product architecture and standards for adoption.
- Develop a deep knowledge of our business & collaborate with stakeholders in collating business and functional requirements and translate requirements into technical specifications and architectures that are robust, scalable and supportable.
- Responsible for end-to-end architecture including the detail designs of various systems and applications in line with Singapore & regional strategy. Lead the preparation of detailed design specifications to form the basis for development & modification of applications. Define integration patterns.
- Require deep engineering knowledge in one or more domains in compute, storage, network and container platform
- Requires deep understanding on app build and operation processes and challenges.
- Ability to dissect the insights from the data points.
- Must be good communicator with passion in technology.
- At least 10 years of experience in related fields including at least 5 years as Cloud Engineer.
- Experience in banking industry would be a distinctive advantage.
- Demonstrated ability to understand business strategy & processes & its successful translation into technology solutions.
- Excellent knowledge of technical architecture and modern application design patterns, including microservices, serverless functions.
- Good End-to-End Architecture understanding, including Enterprise Java Stack, Front-End technologies, mobile applications (Android and iOS), Middleware, Databases (SQL & No SQL), Data Lake, RESTful APIs, and streaming technology e.g. Kafka.
- Deep understanding of Enterprise Integration and Messaging Patterns, SOA Governance practices.
- Experienced working in a cloud native work environment including public cloud, containers, serverless, cloud data, credential and security management such as keys, secrets, vaults, service monitoring on cloud, PaaS and container environment such as Cloud Foundry, OpenShift Docker, Kubernetes and Infra-as-code etc.
- People Management and leading large scaled teams.