Securities Division Operations, Securities Settlements, Analyst/Associate, Singapore
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB YOUR IMPACT
Are you looking to apply your communication and problem solving skills while becoming a market expert in securities products. Our Securities Settlement team is seeking a professional who is looking to collaborate with Trading Desks, various internal teams and market participants to mitigate risks associated with the post trade processing and contribute to business enablement. OUR IMPACT
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to deliver banking, sales and trading and asset management capabilities to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and control to preserve and enhance the firm's assets and its reputation. For every trade agreed, every new product launched or market entered, every transaction completed, it is Operations that develops the processes and controls that makes business flow.
Securities Settlements is a front-to-back market-aligned team in Operations that, across multiple business lines, assess the risks associated with post trade settlement process including inventory management and exception management. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Prepare to gain a comprehensive understanding of the trade life cycle and market specifics by interacting with traders, sales, other internal clients and external market participants in order to work toward to shared goal of risk mitigation and business enablement.
• Use your inquisitive mind set to evaluate and escalate risk items to protect the firm and its clients from market penalties or risks associated with other market events.
• Showcase your attention to detail by ensuring all high risk trades are captured on a timely manner and optimizing the inventory management.
• Partner with business, other Operations areas and Technology to review and improve scalability and process strategically and tactically.
• Grow with the team; develop a deeper understanding of complex transactions and work with our business partners to assess market changes and support new markets/products. SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR
• Bachelor's degree ( experience in financial services would help)
• Proven analytical skills, problem solving ability, and a control mentality paired with meticulous attention to detail.
• Aptitude for building relationships and ability to communicate complex issues to a wide array of internal clients with differing levels of product experience.
• Self-motivated and proactive team player who takes ownership and accountability of assignments and projects, has strong organizational skills as well as the ability to effectively manage competing priorities.
• Fluent in both written and spoken Japanese
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Exposure to equity products and/or prior settlements experience
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity