Senior Associate, Application Support Engineer, Group Consumer Banking and Big Data Analytics Technology, Technology and Operations
Group Technology and Operations (T&O) enables and empowers the bank with an efficient, nimble and resilient infrastructure through a strategic focus on productivity, quality & control, technology, people capability and innovation. In Group T&O, we manage the majority of the Bank's operational processes and inspire to delight our business partners through our multiple banking delivery channels. Responsibilities
- Ability to perform business analysis, impact analysis in a structured manner.
- Analyze and respond to queries and issues raised by end users in an effective and timely manner.
- Coordinates with Vendor for solution delivery and release upgrade.
- Perform duties relating to system maintenance to ensure smooth usage of application and adherence to compliance
- A proactive approach to spotting problems, areas for improvement, and performance bottlenecks
- Gather and analyze metrics from both operating systems and applications to assist in performance tuning and fault finding
- Participate in system design consulting, platform management, and capacity planning
- Create sustainable systems and services through automation and uplifts
- Balance feature development speed and reliability with well-defined service level objectives
- Conducting post-incident reviews.
- Write operation documentation and knowledge base of known issues with solutions.
- Ready to participate in 24x7 SRE on-call rotations and escalation workflows as needed, such as an occasional weekend.
- Day to Day support of all applications supporting Wealth Management business
- Monitor critical components of the system and troubleshoot problem areas.
- Work closely with development team to provide fixes for critical application issues.
- Create sustainable systems and services through automation and uplifts.
- 4-10 years of experience with Degree in Business Information Science, Computer Science or Engineering disciplines.
- Strong Knowledge in Databases such as Oracle PL/SQL, Maria DB,
- Good knowledge in Unix shell scripting or Python.
- Hands-on experience with cloud-based technologies and tools especially in deployment, monitoring and operations, such as Grafana, Prometheus, Elasticsearch, AppDynamics.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in IT application support in banking industry.
- Excellent interpersonal and Communication skills.
- Experience in IBM websphere MQ, Connect Direct, SSH, Tivoli workload scheduler, Windows, Linux/Unix environments.
- Able to articulate well on solution(s)
- Able to work as a team
- Ability to work under pressure and multitask
- Willing to learn new technologies.