Senior Cloud Enablement, Group Consumer Banking and Big Data Analytics Technology, Technology & Operations
Group Technology and Operations (T&O) enables and empowers the bank with an efficient, nimble and resilient infrastructure through a strategic focus on productivity, quality & control, technology, people capability and innovation. In Group T&O, we manage the majority of the Bank's operational processes and inspire to delight our business partners through our multiple banking delivery channels. Job Purpose
DBS is a leading regional bank, embracing innovation and digital technologies with a vision of Making Banking Joyful for our employees and our customers. We are underway with a Technology Transformation strategy, known as 'Gandalf', with clear vision to 'Design for Modern Systems' and 'Automate Everything', including to fully embrace both private and public cloud.
In 2018 we intend to accelerate our Public Cloud journey, already in place for a number of applications in production, to adopt AWS natively, with confidential data, and at scale.
A team has been created and is striving to deploy applications with confidential data and native services, and our target is to progressively enable more workloads with a scalable, automated, self-service approach. Key Accountabilities
Work in a small multi-functional team to facilitate Public Cloud adoption across the organization for all workloads. Partner with and assist all Technology teams.
The Cloud Engineer is expected to; Responsibilities
- Implementation of the compliance engine in coordination with the Platform Architect and Engineers
- Implementation of the directive and detective control surface as per the detailed designs provided by Platform Architect and Security Architect
- Implementation of test cases for the Canary testing framework
- Daily operational review of all open compliance alerts and action remediation
- Produce reporting and insights into the compliance landscape on a repeating basis
- Provides T2 escalation support for key platform services such as networking, core services, identity, compliance frameworks, and other core services
- Diagnoses, reports, and produces root-cause reports for review and feature/bug tracking by the Platform Architect and Operations Architect
- Monitors and maintains the overall compliance against the latest DBS SOE and assists with remediation activities
- 2+ years in enterprise operations and automation development environments
- 2+ years working in a production support environment implementing at-scale monitoring, failover, or recovery technologies
- Thorough understanding of cloud operational controls and practices
- 1+ years of experience with native cloud technologies such as Auto-Scaling, healing, CloudWatch, Lambda
- 1+ years in scripting skills - working with operational and services level controls such as system.d
- Strong experience with CI/CD methodologies, processes and tools, such as Atlassian Bamboo, Jenkins, CodePipelines, CloudFormation
- Strong experience with logging & event management tools such as Splunk etc
- Solid skills in technical writing and production of technical documentation
- Experience in working in and with Agile delivery teams / projects / programs
- Cloud certification preferred i.e. AWS/AZURE/G Cloud
- Programming language proficiencies include NodeJS, Python, Java and C#
- Experience with DevOps Tools such as Ansible, Chef, Jenkins, etc.
- Hands-on experience with writing code i.e. AWS Lambda, CloudFormation
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Information Technology, Computer Science or commensurate experience
- Strong grasp of operational processes for an enterprise-grade cloud platform;
- Experience developing new and enhancing existing ITSM processes;
- Core understanding of "at scale" cloud engineering principles and architectures
- Lead software development and automation skills
- Expert knowledge of service offerings and operational behaviours
- Expert knowledge of Continuous delivery and change automation principles
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.