Senior Data Engineer
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
Our Ideal Candidate
- End to end ownership of strategic architecture book of work
- Managing the Architecture and Data scrum teams
- Providing timely and transparent updates to stake holders
- Clearly articulating solution design to clients, product and stake holders with non-technical background
- Collaborating with Delivery, Business Analysts and Testing teams to solve complex business requirements
- Providing solution design for various business requirements in SS
- Defining and driving the data strategy for Securities Services
- Designing solutions as per the bank's data privacy and data protection policies
- Leveraging existing data lake platform and providing actionable insights to senior stake holders
- Contextualising insights gained from data by using the right visualization tools and techniques
- Presenting the insights gained from data to institutional clients and identifying areas of collaboration
- Identifying correlation between critical data elements and identifying new themes for exploratory analytics
- Remediating data quality issues in SS transactional processing and reporting systems
- Performing proof of concepts and developing prototypes for demonstration
- Building a small core team of data experts and upskilling the wider team in data principles
- Inculcating a data driven culture in the team and raising awareness about data analytics
- Performing deep dive analysis of legacy reporting platforms and preparing roadmap to move them to state of the art reporting architecture
- Identifying ways to improve client experience, drive operational efficiency and identify areas of investment using data
- Constantly discovering opportunities for data acquisition
- Educated to Degree level with major in computer science or statistics discipline
- Must have hands on experience in working in data lake and analytics
- Must have experience in visualisation tools like Tableau, MicroStrategy or similar tools
- Must have performed similar role in one or more large, multi-national financial institution(s)
- Must have worked in an agile environment
- Hands on experience in business intelligence and analytics software.
- Conversant with technology trends, emerging tools and techniques
- Conversant with data privacy, data protection and data democratisation principles
- Ability to analyze complex business requirements and provide multiple solutions
- Ability to articulate complex technology solutions to senior stake holders in simple terms
- Basic understanding of Open Banking APIs, Enterprise Service Bus and other integration techniques
- Domain expertise in global markets - preferably on settlements, clearing, asset servicing and reference data.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.