Senior Developer, Group Consumer Banking and Big Data Analytics Technology, Technology & Operations
Group Technology and Operations (T&O) enables and empowers the bank with an efficient, nimble and resilient infrastructure through a strategic focus on productivity, quality & control, technology, people capability and innovation. In Group T&O, we manage the majority of the Bank's operational processes and inspire to delight our business partners through our multiple banking delivery channels. Responsibilities
- Deeply interested in technology and how it can be used to solve real-world problems
- Actively keeping yourself up to date with the latest technological trends, tools and frameworks
- Creating complex applications, transforming user experience and the enterprise
- Hands-on coding, initially solely responsible developing services that construct applications front to back i.e. from UX to data acquisition and repositories.
- Responsible for assuring the technical design and delivery
- Working in highly collaborative teams and building quality code
- Working with senior business and technical colleagues to rapidly deliver solutions
- Collaborating with and working under the direction of senior technical colleagues
- Contributing to the technical design and architecture, particularly in service / microservice decomposition
- Minimum 5 years' hands on experience in software development and solution design.
- Development experience with Apache Spark, Apache Hadoop.
- Development experience using Kafka, Kafka Stream API.
- Development experience in Java (including Spring framework) and Python
- Proficient in tools such as Jira, Git, Bitbucket, Jenkins, Nexus
- Strong understanding of Distributed systems.
- Solid experience with Linux
- Familiarity with RDBMS, preferably MariaDB, MySQL, NoSQL.
- Demonstrable experience in event driven design and coding.
- Experience working in Agile Methodologies ( Scrum)
- Hunger to innovate, extend knowledge and present new ideas.
- Good team player
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.