Senior Manager, Governance, SCM
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities Governance
Overall participation in SCM
- Ensure that BENFRC is managed in accordance with the Banks's governance approach and delegation from GNFRC. Responsibility includes managing the governance agenda including setting up and conducting the BENFRC meetings, finalising the agenda, reviewing the quality of papers - both from within SCM and outside SCM, finalising minutes, tracking follow ups, ensuring escalations as needed to senior or peer committees are made in a timely manner.
- Ensure that a similar set of activities are also completed for the reviews with GCFO to support the SoR under SMR.
- Ensure timely updated to other Risk committees / Senior stakeholders including risks, issues and dependencies is any seen
- Develop, implement and embed the governance agenda for SCM and countries
- Lead / support reporting to Regulators where needed.
- Lead / support audit and assurance reviews
Regulatory & Business conduct
- Provide feedback loop into Process, Policy and Risk teams for improvements / changes if any needed
- Support other initiatives within SCM or SCM's representative in other Projects in the Bank as relevant
Our Ideal Candidate
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Work collaboratively with all impacted Businesses and Functions, relevant Risk Groups and with other stakeholders within SCM
- Bachelor/Master Degree with 10+ years' experience with at least 3 years in a governance or risk management role, of which at least 12 months experience in managing a risk committee or equivalent
- Risk experience, including knowledge of SCB' governance framework including ERMF and ORTF framework
- Superior communication, facilitation and consensus-building skills
- Ability to understand and present data
- Excellent people management and leadership abilities
- Demonstrated relationship-building skills, with a superior ability to make things happen through the use of positive influence
- High degree of personal initiative
- Organizational awareness with an understanding of how to engage the organization to get things done
- Strong problem-solving skills; comfortable tackling complex problems and breaking these down into manageable pieces
- Superior multi-tasking skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced, often deadline-oriented and dynamic environment
- Conceptual and practical thinking and implementation skills
- Strong PowerPoint skills, intermediate Excel skills
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.