- Singapur, Singapore
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- Standard Chartered Bank Singapore
- 22 Jan 18
Senior Product Controller - Commodities
- Standort: Singapur, Singapore
- Gehalt: Negotiable
- Art des Jobangebots: Vollzeit
Leading the way in International Banking. We support the people and companies driving investment, trade and wealth creation across Asia, Africa and the Middle East. And our heritage and values are expressed in our brand promise - here for good. See our Brand and Values
We are currently looking for a Senior Product Controller for FM Commodities.
The main function will be a senior role, performing independent analysis and controls in respect of the Financial Markets Commodity business. The role covers SCB's commodity trading operations in the UK, Americas, Middle East, Africa and Asia.
1. Daily analysis and controls of the Commodities P&L and Balance Sheet, ensuring integrity of data reported in a controlled environment.
2. Providing analytics to the business, risk based P&L explanation, and daily performance commentary. Detailed planning and budgetary support will be required.
3. Business support in terms of advising on structured transactions, assisting new product launches, providing quality MIS, and accommodating ad hoc requests.
4. Supporting local finance teams with respect to regulatory reporting requirements, general ledger reconciliations and product training.
5. Contact point for auditors, both internal and external.
6. Responsible for compliance with the Group Accounting Policy.
- Responsible for continued development and testing of a Business Continuity Plan, in so far as it relates to Commodities.
- Development of consistent booking models across the Bank's transaction processing systems.
- Ensuring accurate documentation of Finance processes, including Department Operating Instruction (DOIs) and policies where appropriate.
- Forging and maintaining strong relationships between the onshore and offshore teams in Product Control and with other functions in the Bank
Head of Commodities Product Control
Global Head of Product Control
Commodity Trading, Sales & Structuring Staff
Chief Operating Officers
KPMG (audit & advisory)
Regulatory bodies as required
- Maintain a first class Finance - Product Control division, which continually seeks to challenge and improve standards.
- Maintain a high level of risk awareness and escalate concerns in a timely manner
- Maintain a strong internal control environment, which will ensure the FM Commodities business, continues to grow in a stable and well-controlled manner.
- Drive closer alignment between Product Control and in-country finance teams.
- Optimize systems configuration and process improvements, leading to cost efficiencies.
We are committed to building a culture that fosters a diverse and inclusive environment that's free from bias, where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution. This is just one of our values that is expressed in our brand promise - here for good.
Apply Now and take the next step in fulfilling your potential.