Senior Production Service Manager
The IT Group Manager is accountable for management of complex/critical/large professional disciplinary areas. Leads and directs a team of professionals. Requires a comprehensive understanding of multiple areas within a function and how they interact in order to achieve the objectives of the function. Applies in-depth understanding of the business impact of technical contributions. Strong commercial awareness is a necessity. Generally accountable for delivery of a full range of services to one or more businesses/ geographic regions. Excellent communication skills required in order to negotiate internally, often at a senior level. Some external communication may be necessary. Accountable for the end results of an area. Exercises control over resources, policy formulation and planning. Primarily affects a sub-function. Involved in short- to medium-term planning of actions and resources for own area. Full management responsibility of a team or multiple teams, including management of people, budget and planning, to include performance evaluation, compensation, hiring, disciplinary actions and terminations and budget approval. Responsibilities:
- Ensures managed areas are defining and implementing systems that are aligned with business strategy and goals.
- Resolves complex and varied issues with substantial potential impact.
- Applies in depth understanding of concepts and procedures within own area and basic knowledge of other areas to resolve issues that have impact beyond own area.
- Demonstrates an in depth understanding of how own sub function integrates within the overall technology function to achieve objectives; requires a good understanding of the industry.
- Provides evaluative judgment based on analysis of factual information in complicated, unique and dynamic situations; draws on diverse range of internal and external sources.
- Impacts the technology sub function through responsibility for delivery of end results and shared responsibility for budget management; accountable for resource planning.
- Persuades and influences others through communication and diplomacy skills; may negotiate with external parties.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
- 10+ years of experience in multiple technology disciplines with commensurate experience in people management.
- Budget management, Risk & Control management, influencing skills
- Bachelor's/University degree, Master's degree preferred
This position will serve as the lead for all Production services across wealth products, as part of the Win-in-wealth program. The Production Service Managers hold a key role as a dedicated interface between Business stakeholders across multiple regions, GCT Application Development, Testing, Change and Release Management and CTI Core Infrastructure Services.
Primary responsibility are to ensure the health and stability of production services (Application and Infrastructure) for domains (Banking, Cards, Internet, Customer Management, etc) and will each manage a team responsible for handling production issues, risks remediation and continued service improvements.
Contribute to the platform reliability in developing system controls. Production Service Manager for Wealth will be tasked to demonstrate technical and operational expertise. The role will include involvement in frontline support, incident management and reporting, root cause analysis, productivity efficiencies & improvements, providing support during change management cycles are in compliance with the Controls agenda and regulatory frameworks.
Experience in production support in the banking industry with hands-on experience managing applications in both mainframe and distributed platforms will be an advantage. Job Family Group:
Technology Job Family:
Technology Management Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting