Senior Project Manager, IT - Data-Driven Business
The Project Manager will assist in the work towards GE digital transformation in the areas of IT application systems, specifically in the areas of Analytics, data science, AI, ML and association management systems.
You will be responsible to manage the project for the implementation of the IT application system or services and ensure it meets the business operation goals.
You are a independent, resourceful, decisive and driven individual who takes a proactive approach to analyze business requirements with stakeholders and usher projects through the entire project lifecycle. You will need to be a capable project manager with project management knowledge as well as a good communicator.
The Senior Project Manager will manage and oversee a series of projects on big data from initiation to implementation, working with BI and Analytics team, Integration/ETL team, QA team, project members, data architects, and business sponsors and business representatives to jointly design, develop and implement the best-fit solutions. The Service Manager is required to plan, manage, execute and track the progress of concurrent projects, to bring the projects to their successful completion.
This role entails identifying and initiating opportunities across the Enterprise, building collaboration, and influencing strategic direction by raising visibility of trends and issues across the competitive landscape. The position requires a wide understanding new IT technology stacks and industry trends and practices.
Highly effective in engaging senior management, project sponsors in communication and collaboration across internal and external teams with demonstrated success, building strong relationships and delivering results in cross-group projects. The Job
- Own and be responsible for the successful delivery of projects, ensuring they are completed on time, meeting requirements and within allocated budget.
- Manage project lifecycle, from requirement, design, technical construction, testing, acceptance, training, documentation and implementation, in accordance with the GE's Project Management Process and Methodology.
- Participate in pre-project activities such as estimation of project efforts, preparation of high level project plan with project timeline and resource requirements, and staffing and organization of project team.
- Plan, coordinate and communicate project plan, timeline and activities to the project team.
- Work closely with the group of key business owners and source systems SMEs, IT Risk & compliance, IT Security, QA on the agreed project objectives.
- Monitor and track progress of projects and stay on top of the projects to ensure smooth execution.
- Manage and coordinate project deliverables, ensuring their quality and configuration management.
- Analyse and highlight project risks and develop necessary risk mitigation plans.
- Analyse and highlight project dependencies to pre-empt project issues.
- Maintain project issue register to keep close match of the project issues till their resolution.
- Manage performance of the project team, guide the project team in resolving issues, and resolve conflicts within the project team.
- Manage customer's expectation by understanding customers' needs and providing realistic expectations and scope of the projects.
- Manage and work closely with vendors, business partners and data centre involved in projects.
- Provide periodic update on project progress to project sponsors and escalate project issues not resolvable not project team level.
- Provide periodic update on project progress to project sponsors and escalate project issues not resolvable not project team level and PSC team.
- Takes accountability in considering business and regulatory compliance risks and takes appropriate steps to mitigate the risks.
- Maintains awareness of industry trends on regulatory compliance, emerging threats and technologies in order to understand the risk and better safeguard the company.
- Highlights any potential concerns /risks and proactively shares best risk management practices.