Senior Project Manager, IT - Digital Affinity
The Senior Project Manager will manage and oversee a number of projects on Web / Mobile applications from initiation to implementation, working with stakeholders, technical lead, vendor, QA team, project members, business sponsors and business representatives to jointly design, develop and implement digital affinity and customer servicing solutions. The incumbent is required to plan, manage, coordinate, execute and track the progress of concurrent projects, to ensure they are successfully delivered within budget and timeline.
This role entails managing concurrent projects delivered via multiple releases, enable inter-department collaboration and influencing Enterprise strategic direction by balancing between project delivery and Enterprise Architecture roadmap. This position requires a seasoned project manager who understands both technical and management aspects to deliver strategic projects under a dynamic environment within a short timeline.
Being highly effective in engaging senior management and project sponsors, together with a strong ability to drive delivery across internal and external parties, are essential skills needed to succeed in this role. The Job
- Own the delivery of projects assigned, ensuring timely completion and within allocated budget.
- Manage project lifecycle, from pre-project budgeting, through the Delivery Lifecycle (Eg Requirements, Design, Development, Testing, Security, Audits, etc), to post-implementation maintenance, in accordance with Great Eastern's Project Management Processes and Methodologies.
- Participate in pre-project activities such as estimation of project efforts, budgeting, preparation of high level project plan and timeline, resource acquisition, and staffing the project team.
- Liaise and facility across groups of business owners, IT system SMEs, IT Architects, Risk & Compliance, IT Security and QA to meet agreed project objectives.
- Monitor and track progress of projects and ability to keep abreast of various project statuses, issues and risks to ensure smooth execution.
- Analyze and highlight project risks, dependencies and develop any relevant risk mitigation plans.
- Maintain project issue register to keep close match of the project issues till their resolution.
- Being able to manage performance of both direct and non-direct reports in the project team, providing guidance in issue resolution, and mediate conflicts.
- Manage project stakeholder's expectation by understanding customers' needs and providing tangible solutions given the time, budget and resources (Eg Infrastructure, Software Stack, etc) available.
- Manage and work closely with outsourced vendors, in-house contractors, business partners and data centre vendors involved in projects.
- Provide periodic updates on project progress to sponsors and escalate project issues unresolvable promptly.
- Takes accountability in considering business and regulatory compliance risks and takes appropriate steps to mitigate the risks.
- Maintains awareness of industry trends on regulatory compliance, emerging threats and technologies in order to understand the risk and better safeguard the company.
- Highlights any potential concerns /risks and proactively shares best risk management practices.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or IT related disciplines.
- Certified Project Manager, PMP or PRINCE2 or Agile SCRUM, with at least 12 years of experience in managing IT projects and software/application development lifecycles, preferred.
- Strongly prefer experienced Project Managers dealing with technologies related to API, Microservices and/or Containerization platforms.
- Experience in implementing large multi-country customer facing web / mobile application, with internal backoffice portals for at least 5 years will be advantageous.
- Familiarity in software development projects involving web/mobile technologies (E.g. Java, AngularJS, VueJS) or native/hybrid mobile application framework, such as Cordova, or Analytics / Web SaaS tools like Google Firebase, Google Analytics, etc. is an advantage.
- Well-versed with IT Security and Audit processes (Eg OWASP, CMMI, etc).
- Understand and appreciate all aspects of the software life cycle, and flexible with adopting Agile or traditional Waterfall software delivery methodologies.
- Strong delivery management experience, with proven track records in managing and steering projects towards smooth execution and on time delivery.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Experience in use of project management and collaboration tools is required (E.g. Microsoft Project, Confluence, Jira Software, Kanban Boards, etc.)
- Excellent in verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills, effective in fostering teamwork and managing high performance project teams.
About Great Eastern
- High level of integrity, takes accountability of work and good attitude over teamwork.
- Takes initiative to improve current state of things and adaptable to embrace new changes.
Established in 1908, Great Eastern places customers at the heart of everything we do. Our legacy extends beyond our products and services to our culture, which is defined by our core values and how we work. As champions of Integrity, Initiative and Involvement, our core values act as a compass, guiding and inspiring us to embrace the behaviours associated with each value, upholding our promise to our customers - to continue doing our best for them in a sustainable manner.
We work collaboratively with our stakeholders to look for candidates who exhibit or have the potential to embrace our core values and associated behaviours, as these are the key traits that we expect from our employees as they develop their careers with us.
We embrace inclusivity, giving all employees an equal opportunity to shine and play their role in exploring possibilities to deliver innovative insurance solutions.
Since 2018, Great Eastern has been a signatory to the United Nations (UN) Principles of Sustainable Insurance. Our sustainability approach around environmental, social, and governance (ESG) considerations play a key role in every business decision we make. We are committed to being a sustainability-driven company to achieve a low-carbon economy by managing the environmental footprint of our operations and incorporating ESG considerations in our investment portfolios; improving people's lives by actively helping customers live healthier, better and longer; and drive responsible business practices through material ESG risk management. To all recruitment agencies:
Great Eastern does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our email or our employees. We will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Please note that our career opportunities are only posted on our Career Website (http://grp.gelife.co/findacareer) and on our authorised job platforms which are specifically LinkedIn, JobStreet and eFinancialCareers. We do not initiate any unsolicited calls and all official emails from Great Eastern will be sent from email addresses ending with “@greateasternlife.com”. Should you receive any communications outside from these channels listed, please do not provide any personal information and do reach out to us at GreatCareers@GreatEasternLife.com or at 6248 2990 for us to assist you and confirm the legitimacy of the content.