Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 155,000 employees who use new technologies, dynamic insights and over 154 years of experience to connect farmers with markets, customers with ingredients, and people and animals with the food they need to thrive. Job Purpose and Impact
Cargill Metals Supply Chain (CMSC) works with customers in the global trading and distribution of Iron Ore and Steel products. From its offices worldwide, it serves miners, mills, processors, traders and end users.
The steel industry is going through a period of disruptive change. The market is experiencing ever increasing complexity, significant evolution, and extreme volatility in both raw materials and steel prices. This causes many challenges for the industry and creates opportunities for CMSC to play a major role in the industry's evolution.
We have strong conviction that there is a lot of un-monetized value within the ferrous industry and we believe that we can help our customers to unlock this value by partnering with us to create tailored solutions to help them succeed.
The position of South Asia Steel Trader has accountability for helping Cargill be a leader in merchandising, trading, and providing customer price risk management solutions in the South Asia/South East Asia Longs Steel Market. Key Accountabilities
Qualifications Minimum Qualifications
- Managing and maintaining current customers, markets, and sales agents in South Asia/South East Asia
- Growing our customer foot-print, brand, and reputation in order to improve physical liquidity
- Originate, procure and sell Long Steel products to customers in South Asia and Southeast Asia to reach target volumes
- Driving change in customer mentality and market norms from selling to merchandising & trading
- Matching Cargill's trading needs to market opportunities
- Work with and identify customers' price risk management needs and providing appropriate solutions to the customers
- Understanding of, and ability to manage physical execution risk through collaborating with relevant function teams.
- Owning, developing, and improving systematic insights to feed into our trading engine
- Research, analyze and give recommendation on various opportunities in the marketplace to maximize earnings
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum of four years of related work experience
- Other minimum qualifications may apply
- Proven experience in Steel Merchandising and Trading
- Clear understanding of markets, and market risks
- Proven experience developing and systematizing market insights to support our trading engine
- Ability to make sense of complex data and information to effectively solve problems
- Entrepreneurial Drive, high degree of personal ownership
- Experience and desire to work with customers to change mindsets, identify trading opportunities and provide risk management solutions
- Demonstrated negotiation skills to convey a clear proposition of what Cargill can offer to our customers
- Demonstrated understand in working in complex supply chains and managing counterparty risk
- Personality and gravitas to build collaborative internal and external business relationships
We provide a fast paced stimulating international environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. We also offer competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest and most solid private companies in the world. Interested? Then make sure to send us your CV and cover letter in English today: