Senior VP/First VP, GTO COO Special Initiatives
Posting Date: 10-Sep-2019
Location: Raffles Place, Singapore, SG
Company: United Overseas Bank Limited About UOB
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values - Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers. About the Department
The Technology and Operations
function is comprised of five teams of specialists with distinct capabilities: business partnership, technology, operations, risk governance and planning support and services. We work closely together to harness the power of technology to support our physical and digital banking services and operations. This includes developing, centralising and standardising technology systems as well as banking operations in Singapore and overseas branches. Job Responsibilities
Program Leadership (70%)
- Responsible for the analysis and ideation of strategic GTO initiatives aimed at preparing a future-ready GTO team that is able to operate cost efficiently and achieve deliverables/ outputs at quality;
- Overall Lead for delivery and oversight of approved GTO Initiatives, including maintaining oversight of all work-streams and target deliverables;
- Lead and coordinate amongst the GTO teams to develop, execute and embed a plan for GTO to deliver to the identified initiatives;
- Enable and facilitate the detailed design of change initiatives in line with organisational design principles;
- Manage conflicting priorities and inter-dependencies of the program and other organisational priorities and advising on the course of action as appropriate;
- Manage organisational risks in respect of the strategic initiatives;
- Ensure transfer of knowledge and ownership of strategic initiatives from the program to the rest of the GTO organisation and operationalising them;
- Work closely with GTO COO Communications and Change Management Lead in ensuring external perspective of change management and business design is considered and adopted
Stakeholder Management (30%)
- Build relationship and networks with senior stakeholders across the GTO organisation, providing support and challenge to business segment, facilitating sessions where appropriate;
- Partner with key teams across the organisation to identify key strategic levers and deliver the change (eg. Group Finance, Group Strategy, countries, etc)
- Ensure engagement with senior leads is maintained for the duration of the program and deals professionally and diplomatically with any issues, concerns and sensitivities;
Be a part of UOB Family
- Bachelor's Degree in Computing, Computer engineering or related field
- At least 15 years work experience in large and complex organisations preferably in the area of Banking and Finance with at least 5 to 8 years in a leadership/ management role.
- Those with a strong management consulting background and a proven track record in defining and driving implementation of strategic initiatives to Banking and Financial services industry (BFSI) may also apply.
- A proven track record in developing and delivering transformation objectives and plans to high level of performance, within a tight budgetary framework
- Detailed understanding of the banking sector and products, upcoming trends and technology developments impacting BFSI
- Good understanding of financial / cost accounting treatments for IT projects as well as BAU IT operations used in large and complex IT organisation
- Demonstrated success in developing highly effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders to deliver collaboration, partnerships and services
- Self-driven and motivated individual with an inept ability to adapt as well as a strong perseverance to deliver
Apply now and make a difference.