Site Support Engineer
Provide expertise for IT infrastructure (e.g. servers, network), application infrastructure (e.g. SAP), and related services (e.g. Business Continuity) throughout the lifecycle of a deal in accordance with contractually established terms and conditions and established technical standards. Provides technical input, solutions, and recommendations to deal pursuit. Engaged in and provides support for transition/transformation efforts. Monitors service delivery compliance to budget, quality standards, and customers and/or internal businesses/end user requirements. Provides IT infrastructure and/or application infrastructure lifecycle technical support, including planning, project management, installation, on-going management/monitoring/troubleshooting, and de-installation, following operational policies and processes that are compliant with industry standards (e.g. Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL)). Manages the technical/service relationship between the company and the customer, and between the company and subcontractors/vendors. Works with the key customers and/or internal businesses/end user representatives (Infrastructure Support Managers, Client Manager and the Account Delivery Manager) to retain customers and build the business. ITO Service Delivery work is generally performed remotely from the company facility, but may be performed at the customer's location when required/justified. Responsibilities:
- Apply growing technical knowledge to operate a technology area (e.g. server administration, technical security management, performance management) or customer group with limited risk/complexity.
- Integrates technical knowledge and business understanding to create superior solutions for the company and for customers.
- Resolve routine in-scope technical incidents independently.
- Work with team members to resolve more complex incidents.
Change Management/ Implementation:
- Independently implements changes/solutions to meet customer and/or trade/IT infrastructure needs within area of technical responsibility.
Patch and Security Management:
- Apply patch and security changes per policy.
- Ensure Configuration Management Database (CMDB) entries are complete and accurate.
- Understands the company's solutions set and be able to apply these solutions to meet customer and/or trade infrastructure needs within area of responsibility.
- Provide continual improvement recommendations for direct responsibility area (process improvement, technical standard updates, etc).
- Participate in customer and internal projects, including transformation.
- Customer Relationship Management:
- Set expectations with customers and/or internal businesses/end users within defined parameters.
Education and Experience Required:
- Work as part of a team, which may be virtual and/or global.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business, or related field or equivalent work experience.
- May hold entry-level certification(s) in work field.
- Typically 0-2 years of relevant experience with Bachelor's degree, or 2+ years of relevant experience with 2 year post-high school degree.
Typical skills include:
- (developing) understanding of technology in direct responsibility.
- (developing) General understanding of related technologies.
- (developing) Customer Service.
- (developing) Project Management .