Snr Project Manager,IT Business Partner
Singtel, Asia's leading communications technology group, provides an extensive range of telecommunications and digital services to millions of consumers and businesses across Asia, Australia, Africa and the USA. With over 140 years of innovation behind us, we continue to push boundaries in our networks and services, to enrich lives and transform businesses.
Our core values - Customer Focus, Challenger Spirit, Teamwork, Integrity, and Personal Excellence - shape the way we work. We are passionate about making a difference and have an open and inclusive culture where everyone is empowered to do their best. Our diverse business means you will enjoy unique opportunities and rewarding experiences to learn and grow your career in a dynamic industry.
Join us and experience what it's like to be with an Employer of Choice*. Together, let's create a brighter digital future for all. *Awarded at the HR Fest Awards 2020
IT Business Partner Project Portfolio Management team is part of the Group IT team that plays the main interface role between the IT domains and the various business units as project and delivery management.
This role is responsible for leading a cross functional and matrix team within the IT and business domains to deliver projects on time and on budget meeting the business objectives. The Project Manager will have to manage multiple projects of varying sizes and complexity at any point in time.
As such the Senior Project Manager must exhibit a broad range of qualities in order to gain/maintain credibility and successfully lead our projects. The successful candidate must also be able to demonstrate stand-out leadership skills. Key Responsibilities Stakeholder Management & Communications
The role requires extensive engagement with senior management and hence strong negotiation and influencing skills are a must. The candidate will be required to exhibit evidence of directly influencing and managing the program business 'outcome' rather than purely managing the program 'process'. The incumbent will have demonstrated proven people management experience and skill to lead, motivate and develop teams of industry professionals to solve culturally diverse technical and business issues. This role requires high level of thought clarity and communications skills. The role will entail communication with senior project stakeholders (Sponsors, Owners, and Product Owners) within SingTel IT and the business (Executive and C-level). Project & Delivery Management
- Manage programs and projects within the IT domains and own the complete end to end project management accountability
- Develop, manage and improve stakeholder relations - both internal and external
- Use of project management artefacts to ensure effective outcomes such as:
- Accuracy of forecasting
- Delivery timelines and schedules are met
- Adherence to quality standards
- Ensure compliance to SingTel Project Management policies and procedures
- Lead in the identification of business impacts resulting from project implementation and proactively manage them
- Support the Delivery team with appropriate resource, reporting and financial management inputs
- Deliver financial submissions and updates to sponsors and senior stakeholders in accordance with SingTel capital management processes
- Prepare monthly financial forecasts and reconciliations against budget to ensure forecasting variance maintained within 10%
- Resolving program/project escalated issues and disputes while maintaining constructive working relationships and achieving schedule commitments
- Prepare resource plans and manage ongoing resource forecasts
- Lead & motivate a core team of cross functional members from across SingTel (including Commercial, Sales, Marketing, Customer Service, IT, Engineering, Testing teams) to deliver the best possible project outcome. This role also involves managing offshore teams & vendors.
- Ensure a high standard and continuous development of market knowledge, business unit operations, consultative and presentation skills, education and experience relevant to the role
The role is tasked with meeting both key program/project delivery milestones along with financial and customer-centric KPIs. Strong financial and commercial management skills are required to ensure financial budgets are managed effectively and program delivers to sponsor's expectations. The size of financial budget will vary from project to project. Contract & Vendor Management
A significant component of this role requires working with internal employees, contractors and third party vendors to deliver quality outcomes for the business. The PM will need to manage the entire procurement process leading to successful vendor selection through standard tender processes. Timely contract negotiations and managing contracts is a vital skill to succeed in this role. The incumbent must ensure that all procurement governance guidelines are strictly adhered to. The ideal candidate should posses:
- Bachelor's degree with recognized Project Management Certifications or equivalent experience
- Minimum 8-10 years of experience in delivery of complex IT applications projects within a matrix environment
- Experience managing vendor engagements
- Experience in procurement process - managing tenders and negotiating contracts
- Experience in managing Capex of over S$2M
- In depth knowledge of full software delivery life cycle & challenges involved
- Well versed with various project management methodologies and frameworks
- Contract negotiation and management skills
- Advanced experience with Microsoft Office Excel, Powerpoint, Word, Visio and MS Project & tools supporting agile project delivery
We believe in the strength of a vibrant, diverse and inclusive workforce where backgrounds, perspectives and life experiences of our people help us innovate and create strong connections with our customers. We strive to ensure all our people practices are non-discriminatory and provide a fair, performance-based work culture that is diverse, inclusive and collaborative.