Software Engineer - GM Digital Assets Eng
What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets .
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here. Who We Look For
A Software Engineer within the Global Research & Development Engineering, an opportunity to be part of cutting-edge R&D projects within the firm. Responsible for developing and accelerating high impact technology solutions, delivering innovative software platforms that enable state of the art technology solutions, including data digitization, knowledge extraction, machine learning and blockchain decentralized financial solutions. You will work closely with other technology teams and business stakeholders to deliver solutions that drive and improve a variety of GS businesses. HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverable
- Engineering Graduate with 5+ years of Software development experience in one or more general purpose programming languages such as Java, Python or Haskell functional programming.
- Strong knowledge of building digital assets solutions on blockchain technologies such as Enterprise Ethereum (Besu / Quorum), Public Ethereum, Corda, or other new generation blockchain technologie
- Candidates with deep UI (Angular/React) and/or full-stack software development expertise in Investment Banking front-office environment, enthusiastic in blockchain digital assets would also be considered
- Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms and distributed algorithms, and designing for performance and resilienc
- Experience of using a test driven development approach and associated testing tools
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and excellent follow-through
- Self-motivation to learn about new businesses, blockchain protocols and technologies, and ownership of development projects and related support issues
- Master's degree, further education or experience in engineering, computer science or other technical related field
- Experience with Financial Market - Fixed Income, Cryptocurrency, Money Market, Equities products, across underwriting, trading and settlement
- Experience with developing Decentralized Financial solutions using blockchain technologies
- Experience with DevOps, SRE and AWS cloud implementation in investment banks
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity