Singtel are at the leading edge of technology development to improve the experience of our customers as they consume services across mobile, voice and data infrastructure, managed services, cloud computing, IT services and professional consulting. To support that journey, we are searching for top talent and have an exciting opportunity for a Solution Architect
to strengthen our team.
As an Architect, you will be responsible for challenging the status quo, and bringing innovative and differentiated thinking to everything we do. You will shape cross domain projects while working with business stakeholders and providing solutions using and assessing emerging technologies. You will be providing business and technical solutions that delivers the impactful outcomes; whilst also ensuring optimal cost efficiencies. You would be responsible to guide agile teams in the payment space, hence you must have experience in complex B2B integrations and able to work with testers and operations to ensure that solutions are of high quality and can be operated easily. This is a hands-on technical role, mentoring others with your knowledge and experience in development tool sets, architecture and solution designs. To be considered for this position, you will have a broad understanding of industry trends and emerging technologies as well as a proven track record of delivering projects related to the payment ecosystem.
You have experience with building and deploying with AWS or cloud type environment and have past experience in operating or setting up fully automated environments. You have worked in a continuously BAU environment and understand how to deliver a system that can be supported and maintained. You are conversant in the practice of Agile methodology, and have done test driven development. You are a stickler for quality and good design, but understand the importance of delivering business value early. You can design an incremental software development plan that can fit into a continuous delivery cycle. You understand the value of test driven development, continuous integration, continuous deployment, and regression test coverage. Key Responsibilities
- Understands business functions and transform requirements into architecture and blueprint for the solution being created. Need to propose new innovative solutions, updates to existing solutions, negotiate alternative options, build technical and release roadmaps
- Construct a solution architecture around Microservices and APIs, and be able to decompose monolith applications into meaningful implementable Microservices and APIs in a Cloud/DevOps environment
- Work closely with the development team and get their buy-in into accepting the design to be implemented. Also, work with different stake holders, product owner, senior executives, external parties like system integrators, product partners.
- Provide technology perspective to business to achieve roadmap and prioritization by keeping abreast with industry trends. Where required, help business size the complexity of problem and help simplify and define MVP
- Ensure best practices, frameworks and re-useable components are employed in the development project
- Understand and comply with Information Security standards, methodologies and practices.
- Trouble-shoot technical problems faced by the project team
- Contribution to organizational development thru sharing best practices. Developing and conducting technical courses.
- Mentor and coach junior architects, developers & tester
- Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering or its equivalent
- 10+ years of experience in the technology industry including 4+ in architecture of scalable and high-performance internet facing systems. Experience in payment industry will be value add.
- Possess strong background and experience as a successful Software engineer/Architect in building large scale, highly available Internet and mobile applications.
- Have in depth knowledge of cloud computing, microservices architecture (incl. design pattern, rest/grpc, gateway & service mesh etc.), DevOps, Streaming architecture, Modern data architecture, Mobile and Web application architecture
- Good experience in API security including OAuth2/OIDC, Tokens, mTLS etc.
- Significant experience working on mission critical internet facing applications focusing on scalability, performance, architecture aspect