Sr Corporate Actions Analyst
Position title: Sr Corporate Actions Analyst
Business Function: Operations
The IHS Markit Managed Corporate Actions (MCA) service is a best-in-class centralized source of validated corporate action announcements. The service provides a centralized source of validated corporate action data for nearly three million equities, fixed income, and structured securities across more than 170 countries and territories. As financial firms face a deluge of raw information on corporate actions, the risks and costs associated with acquiring and managing this data are higher than ever. An investment decision based on poor data quality, in terms of both accuracy and timeliness, can have enormous ramifications, with potential exposure running into the millions of dollars
The Managed Corporate Actions team validates data through an intricate and precise process of consolidating, researching, and validating announcement information. We enhance vendor records and resolve conflicting information with agents and custodians to provide clients with a single golden corporate action record through this validation process.
Managed Corporate Actions drives to reduce operational risk and lower ownership cost by providing shared industry services for buy side and sell side firms, central banks, regulators, auditors, and insurance companies.
The MCA Agent Validation Service offers a Managed Service for scrubbing the corporate actions data received from the clients' Agents against the golden copy of corporate actions provided by the Managed Corporate Actions data service provided by MCA. The scrubbing is done on IM Actions software.
The Analyst will be responsible for reviewing corporate action announcements and conducting research to obtain details required to validate and complete announcements for publication of golden copy records to customers.
Key functions include research and analysis to correctly validate the accuracy of announcement publication initiated by information received from suppliers.
This involves leveraging knowledge and expertise to determine the correct sources for the most comprehensive information, interfacing with agents, vendors, and clients to investigate scenarios that are often unique and require significant investigation to reach a correct answer.
The analyst role involves substantial contact with clients, who often request additional information and explanations from analysts around IHS Markit's decisions and guidance on how to handle and interpret specific corporate actions.
Duties & accountabilities
- Monitor work queues and dashboard against team workload throughout the day to ensure that all work is addressed and completed to meet end of day SLAs
- Review and validate event notification received from agents against issuer golden copy, reconcile with issuer golden copy by directly liaising with custodians/agents
- Review daily exception reports; research and resolve exceptions to ensure accurate outcome for clients to avoid risk of significant monetary penalties
- Interface with clients via phone and email timely and professionally. Attend to client requests for additional information and explanations around specific corporate actions
- Maintain and update daily operating procedures and controls;
- Collaborate with local and global leadership to identify training needs among the teams, author training plans and documentation; deliver training to local and global teams
- Support quality control project, review reports, research and deliver feedback to teammates to improve quality of manually validated corporate actions through experience and subject knowledge
- Support system enhancement projects and User Acceptance Testing
- Understand Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and their impact on revenue and operations
Education and experience
- 2-3 years of relevant work experience in corporate actions and reference data
- Must be a subject matter expert in mandatory and voluntary corporate actions across APAC markets, with in-depth understanding of corporate actions in global markets, typical vendor and agent practices
- Expert knowledge of ISO/Swift feeds required
- Prior experience with IM Actions platform preferred
- Advanced Excel and SQL preferred
- Degree preferably in Finance, Economics or Business Person Skills
- Outstanding research skills and desire to conduct research to support judgment and decisions
- High level of initiative and motivation
- Strong interpersonal skills internally and with clients
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt knowledge to varying circumstances
- Strong propensity to work under pressure, handle multiple responsibilities requiring varied skillsets, and meet tight deadlines
- Strong verbal, written and presentation skills for interactions with prospects, existing clients, vendors and internal stakeholders across IHS Markit's business units and global locations
- Ability to be highly vocal and interactive
- Strong team player with experience collaborating across multi-functional business units and managing change
- Ability to work well both independently and as a member of a team
IHS Markit harnesses deep sources of information, analytics and expertise to forge solutions for the industries and markets that drive global economies. Our company partners with clients in business, finance and government to provide the unrivaled insights and perspectives that lead to well-informed, confident decisions. We call this The New Intelligence. IHS Markit serves more than 50,000 key clients in more than 140 countries, including 80 percent of the Fortune Global 500. We help decision makers apply higher-level thinking to daily tasks and strategic issues across a host of industries and disciplines including energy, finance, automotive, engineering, technology, maritime and trade, aerospace and defense, chemical, and economics and country risk. Headquartered in London, IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO) is committed to sustainable, profitable growth.Markit is a leading, global financial information services company with over 4,000 employees. The company provides independent data, valuations and trade processing across all asset classes in order to enhance transparency, reduce risk and improve operational efficiency. Its client base includes the most significant institutional participants in the financial marketplace. For more information, please see http://www.ihsmarkit.com
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here .
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.