Tech Lead - T24 / System Integration (Director)
At Bank of Singapore, we are constantly on the lookout for exceptional individuals to join our team. We promote a culture of openness, teamwork and fairness. Most importantly, we invest in our people through our programmes that develop them on both professional and personal levels. Besides attractive remuneration packages, we offer non-financial benefits and opportunities to develop your potential within OCBC Group’s global network of subsidiaries and offices. If you have passion, drive and the will to succeed, rise to the challenge today!
Bank of Singapore opens doors to new opportunities.
Start your career with Bank of Singapore as a Tech Lead
in the Core Banking Competency for System Integration.
The Tech Lead is part of the Competency team who leads in the technical solution and design during the planning phase of the project. This person also manages and coaches a team of Developers during the implementation of project, performing technical reviews to ensure quality deliverables and adherence to approved design. Responsibilitie s
- Provide inputs to Project Managers (PM) during the project planning and initiation stages on the estimation of development team effort based on requirements and high-level solution provided.
- Support Business Analysts (BA) in the engagement with business stakeholders to highlight any technical and implementation constraints throughout the project, especially during requirements gathering and analysis phases.
- Perform architecture design, present and solicit approvals from the Solution Architecture team and various Competency Leads, including Group Technology Architects.
- Support BA during the creation of Functional Specifications Document (FSD) to ensure alignment to the Bank's IT strategy and aptness to the target IT landscape, including assessment of any downstream impact due to changes introduced.
- Lead in the preparation of Technical Design Specifications (TSD); or perform reviews of such deliverables from vendors. Attain or support developers to acceptance of these deliverables from the relevant project stakeholders.
- Exercise close supervision during the development of the system to ensure adherence to design and technical specifications; and perform code reviews to ensure alignment to best practices and coding standards.
- Lead in the provisions of clarifications to development teams during the implementation phase of the project for queries pertaining to the TSD or FSD. Where necessary, re-engage BE to revise requirements and/or for the acceptance of alternative solutions, due to design or implementation constraints encountered.
- Advice Quality Assurance team on systems impacted by changes and the extent of such changes in the support of establishing the necessary test scope; and provide clarifications to any queries during the System Integration Testing (SIT) phase to the Quality Assurance team.
- Lead in the setup of the necessary testing environments and support Test Manager to ensure these environments are stable to minimize disruptions and downtime during testing cycles.
- Provide guidance and leadership to the development team in the rectification of defects by supporting them to identify root cause and propose solutions to fix issues.
- Total of 15 years of experience in software development
- Proven ability to lead development teams in the implementation of complex projects.
- Comprehensive knowledge in system engineering disciplines such as application architecture, design patterns, structured coding methodology and data modeling.
- Possesses excellent problem isolation and trouble-shooting skills.
- Experienced as a development lead, especially with strong understanding of integration aspects of systems and platforms.
- Minimum 10 years of Java experience (Core + Java EE).
- Strong knowledge/experience in Spring framework, Java Web service.
- Experience in Agile and DevOps environments, tools and processes.
- Having the following experience will be a requirement:
- Tibco BusinessWorks
- IIB (IBM Integration Bus)
- Integration mechanisms to Temenos T24 / TAP
- Powershell/Unix shell scripting
- Integration security