Technical Implementation Manager - Global Transaction Services (GTS)
Global Transaction Services (GTS) comprises of Cash & Trade, Securities Services and Fiduciary Services. In an increasingly borderless world marked by burgeoning trade flow, expertise in trade finance services is an invaluable asset. With cash the lifeblood of every company, so too, is a good understanding of how to manage these cashflows. Trade Finance, together with Cash Management, is the mainstay of GTS, and is extended to SME and corporate clients for their local and cross-border financial transaction needs. Job Purpose To undertake project management and provide technical leadership to clients for the onboarding and system integration between clients' systems and DBS systems. The candidate will participate to advise clients on the best way to integrate with the banks systems and be able to effectively manage and perform each onboarding end-to-end, using best practice project management methodology and interacting with both external and internal stakeholders. The candidate must also be familiar with system integration and information security technologies and should also possess knowledge in transaction banking such as cash management and trade finance. Effective communication skill is important. Key Accountabilities
Job Duties & responsibilities
- Be able to apply best project management practices to lead and implement end-to-end client system integration with the DBS GTS product suite, by having full and effective control of all technical implementation activities, issues, and managing of customer concerns in an efficient way without affecting DBS's relationship to the customer;
- Be a technical expert on GTS's Channel Integration Capabilities (IDEAL ebanking, H2H file transfers, API real-time exchanges, SWIFTNET integration) and work cohesively with the client's assigned technical resource teams to integrate seamlessly with client's ERP/TMS systems.
- Responsible for all required technical integration activities such as ascertaining of system integration scope and parameters, testing of interfaces and its payload, and the conduct of SIT and UAT with the client and internal teams during & throughout the whole implementation stage until the service is successfully delivered to the client;
- Able to jointly undertake the client solutioning and advisory of DBS system integration capabilities to the clients with Sales and/or Client Management teams.
- Be able to either work independently or jointly with another implementation manager to guide and ensure that all required documentation is completed, or for any assigned implementation task.
- Able to manage multi implementations at any point in time.
- Work with internal Product Management teams by providing feedback on any new product features, assisting in production-testing of new features, suggesting new features and getting customer feedback on its products.
- To design and scope the technical solution covering:
- Countries and products
- Choice and suitability of integration technology
- Transactional and payload sizing
- File Formats and messaging
- Information security and non-repudiation
- Data flow
- Considerations of workflow
- Options and recommendations
- To perform and/or ensure the implementation of the technical solution covering:
- Documentation and setup forms
- System Configurations (TEST and PROD)
- System Development, if any
- System Testing (TEST and PROD)
- Production preparation and roll-out.
- To effectively perform project management and create associated artifacts to manage an end-to-end implementation, either independently or jointly with another implementation manager, covering:
- Implementation governance
- Implementation team structuring
- Project plan and schedule
- Project status dashboard
- Conduct of client meeting, including minuting.
- Effective communication skills
- Continuously manage and support the customers to achieve greater user satisfaction
- Post Graduate Degree is preferred.
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in either GTS product management or implementation; or having led or participated in projects that involved system integration with any bank's transaction banking systems. For the latter, prior experience or knowledge of GTS is preferred including general banking.
- General knowledge of client ERP systems such as SAP, Workday, or Oracle. In-depth technical knowledge is not required.
- Strong skills in the following areas:
- Effective project management skills
- Leadership skill; prior experience in managing a small team will be an advantage.
- Effective communication skill.
- Planning and organisation skill.
- Effective problem-solving skill.
- Time Management and Ability to work under tight timeline.
- "Can-do" attitude and strong commitment to deliver business objectives.
- Client-centric mindset.
- Change Agent - ability to embrace change positively and effectively.
- Knowledge of system design and system infrastructure, or experience in digital solutioning and design in/for corporates or mass market will be an advantage.