Test environments manager
- Singapur, Singapore
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- 14 Nov 18
The test environment manager is a specialist who is well verse with environment policies, governance, allocation policies and the overall process for test environment management.
1 – Context, main goals & scope
The client has built test environments for testing activities (functional, integration, regression, user acceptance testing) and is in the process of improving the NPE Management process for the bank.
Requirement is to have a testing environments specialist who is well verse with environment policies, governance, allocation policies and the overall process for test environment management.
Scope/Roles and Responsibilities:
- Follow the defined environment allocation and governance policies, ensuring environments are compliant with usage policy, security and access restrictions.
- Work on environment requests by following allocation rules and work flows.
- Coordinates with infrastructure teams to create / upgrade / decommission specific environments
- Monitor the availability of test environment according to plan.
- Track releases, upgrades and changes to the test environments as per the requests
- Log, coordinate and resolve defects related to environments to provide the stable test environments. For example defects related to:
- S/W and H/W configuration
- Connectivity issues with other application interfaces
- Insufficient credentials to access / communicate with other interfaces
- Plan the reuse or decommission the test environment when testing is complete based on Environment Manager’s notification.
- Monitoring of environments on regular intervals and generate the report on usage.
- Communicate the hardware requirements to infrastructure team.
- Coordinate with DBAs and Infra team for Database refresh activities.
- Communicate planned downtime on environment to stakeholders, working with them to minimize impact on test schedule.
- Define and agree deployment schedules with Project and application teams.
- Strong knowledge on setting up new Environment from scratch.
2 – Profile required
- 5 to 8 years of relevant experience in software development lifecycle in banking domain.
- Minimum 4 years of hands on experience in Environment Management (Non Prod Environments)
- Experience in deployment management.
- Experience or knowledgeable in release management processes
- Experience or knowledgeable in testing management processes
- Experience in configuring environments with the help of local IT teams
- Experience in defining new environment policies or update existing policies as per the need
- Experience in working with:
- IBM AIX, Linux
- Windows platform
- Websphere, Weblogic, MQ
- Service Now
- Basics of database storage and configuration concepts for:
- Experience in conducting audits for non-compliance of environment usage policy, violating access permissions, unknown deployments
- Experience in conducting workshops, arbitration meeting for environment allocation issues
- Defect raising, communication with various parties and track to closure
- Must appreciate the NPE management processes.
Communication and Analytical skills:
- Good oral & written skills.
- Excellent co-ordination skills.
- Report promptly (oral and written).
- Timely escalations using the governance process
- A good team player with problem-solving attitude.
- Analytical and precise: Capacity to challenge the team and convince based on facts.
Nice to have skills:
- Any knowledge on an Environment Management tool will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of Environment management on Cloud Infra.
- Knowledge of Docker software containerization platform.