Thailand – 6 months’ contract: Financial Control Support. - Banking Operations - Singapore
Based in Thailand, the overall responsibility of this role is support regional team to manage the financial control. The remit includes financial, statutory and management reporting, analysis, forecasts and budgets, risk management and internal controls and liaising with external auditors/regulators (SEC, BOT, MOC, RD). The role will also oversee the Treasury and AP functions.
The functions/tasks include, but are not limited to, the following: DFIN Function (Regulatory reporting):
- Prepare, submit and ensure the timely and accuracy of regulatory reporting SEC.
- Ensure accuracy and timely tax filing (VAT, WHT, SBT and CIT)
- Ensure timely submission of regulatory report which is related to HR. i.e. Social Security Fund, Provident Fund etc.
- Prepare company Financial statement, ensure accuracy and timely submission to SEC and MOC.
DFIN Function (Internal reporting):
- Coordinate with BANG/DFN/DOM/PTP team for ensure completeness, accuracy and timeliness of accounting record
- Perform first level control
Others Support Function:
- Cooperate and support external auditor, internal auditor and PwC tax consultant.
- Support all staffs for staff claim reimbursement.
- Coordinate and instruct AP team for SGST payment e.g. Intercompany and Vendor invoices.
- Support regional teams as per their requirement.
Profile required Academic Background And Certifications, Experience
- Bachelor's degree in accounting (ba) or business administration (bba)
- 1-2 years working experience with international audit firm, specialize in financial institutions
- Strategic planning and corporate governance
- Regulatory, tax compliance and risk management
- Statutory, financial and management reporting
- Operation and controls
- Ability to Cooperate
- Interpersonal Skills
- Willing to Learn and Develop Skills
- Risk Awareness
- Languages: Thai (native), English (good)
- Presentable, effective communication skills including proficiency in english language
- Computer skills: microsoft office i.e. Word, excel, power point
Business insight Company Description
Societe Generale is one of the largest European financial services groups. Based on a diversified and integrated banking model, the Group combines financial solidity with a strategy of sustainable growth, and aims to be the reference for relationship banking, recognised on its markets, close to clients, chosen for the quality and commitment of its teams.
Societe Generale has been playing a vital role in the economy for 150 years. With more than 145,000 employees, based in 66 countries, we serve on a daily basis 31 million clients throughout the world. Societe Generale's teams offer advice and services to individual, corporate and institutional customers in three core businesses:
- Retail banking in France with the Societe Generale branch network, Credit du Nord and Boursorama, offering a comprehensive range of multi-channel financial services at the leading edge of digital innovation;
- International retail banking, insurance and financial services to corporates with a presence in developing economies and leading specialised businesses;
- Corporate and investment banking, private banking, asset management and securities services, with recognised expertise, top international rankings and integrated solutions.
Societe Generale in Asia Pacific
Societe Generale's first presence in Asia dates back from the 19th century. Today, we have offices in 12 locations across Asia Pacific.
With our regional headquarters in Hong Kong - a core hub of the worldwide Societe Generale Group - we employ close to 9,000 employees in the region. Our expertise here ranges from corporate and investment banking to asset management, securities services, specialised financial services, trade finance and cash management services.
We are an equal opportunities employer
and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents
, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, sexual or gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.
Entity: Societe Generale Singapore Branch
Starting date: 2021/01/04
Publication date: 2020/11/04