UNIX System Administrator
- Singapur, Singapore
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- UBS AG
- 23 Feb 18
Do you have a knack for technology? Are you at your best when supporting others? Weâ€™re looking for someone like that to:
- provide global production support for the Sun Solaris and Red Hat Enterprise Linux distributed infrastructure while on shift
- address incidents picked up by the monitoring systems alerting on global Unix & Linux infrastructure within a timely manner
- resolve problem tickets allocated to team on central management tools (e.g. SNOW)
- implement requests for service as generated in manual and automated ticketing systems (e.g. SNOW, etc)
- regular verbal and written communication with business partners and other support teams to clarify details of incidents or service requests to maintain production stability and meet established SLAâ€™s
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
You will be a member of 24X7 Operational support group supporting Global Unix environment within the bank. ensuring the quality, stability of the Unix/Linux environment and supporting business managers in planning IT project requirements.
Your experience and skills
â€¢ University degree with minimum 5+ years' experience in supporting UNIX based distributed computing environment with a large number of systems (200+)
â€¢ Ability to distil work into discreet packages for execution by other team members
â€¢ Independent problem solving skills and effective time management
â€¢ Ability to analyze and solve problems quickly and completely
â€¢ A solid understanding of a UNIX-based operating system, preferable Solaris 8/10 and Red Hat Enterprise Linux
â€¢ Good written and spoken English, able to communicate in English with remote teams whose first language is not English
â€¢ Strong analytical and logical skills
â€¢ Team work, ability to contribute to and work in a team, as well as at times step up and lead a number of people when handling problems or incidents
What we offer
Together. Thatâ€™s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.