VP/AVP, Release Manager (Cards Platform), Consumer Banking Tech, Technology and Operations
- Singapur, Singapore
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- DBS Bank Limited
- 22 Feb 18 2018-02-22
See job description for details
Group Technology and Operations (T&O) enables and empowers the bank with an efficient, nimble and resilient infrastructure through a strategic focus on productivity, quality & control, technology, people capability and innovation. In Group T&O, we manage the majority of the Bank's operational processes and inspire to delight our business partners through our multiple banking delivery channels.
You will be responsible for end to end management and delivery of a release of system(s) within a platform to agreed cost, scope and schedule while maintaining stability of production systems.
- Deliver change for a system or systems within a platform on time, within budget and aligned with appropriate change framework while maintaining quality and stability.
- Consistently plan for accelerated pace of change of delivery.
- Ensure that all financial metrics for the release are correct and take an active part in maintaining a transparent and correct financial position for the release.
- Put in place robust processes for all phases from development through to implementation to ensure quality and timeliness.
- Work closely with delivery managers and other stakeholders to forward plan the release windows and cycles across the platform, including putting together release calendars and scheduling environments usage.
- Work with delivery managers and other stakeholders to manage interdependencies to ensure that milestones are met and the integrity of the release is retained.
- Work with software developers to understand the impacts of branches and code merges, and impacts thereof.
- Actively manage release conflicts, risks and issues, and ensure plans are in place to mitigate them in a timely manner.
- Deal with all release related escalations, and use appropriate channels to resolve these in a timely manner.
- Actively monitor and report progress and changes, including those affecting scope, scope of schedules, to all stakeholders in a timely manner by using a variety of formal and informal communication channels.
- Ensure release documentations and artefacts (such as release notes, build procedures etc.) are current, relevant and correct.
- Drive the effort to define strategy for release management tools and frameworks, and continuously work towards making improvements to the release process.
- Lead and co-ordinate the go-live activities including the execution of the deployment plans and checklists.
- Manage relationships and co-ordinate work between different teams (within and outside technology as appropriate).
- Manage any direct reports, ensuring correct performance metrics are set and regular interventions are in place to achieve quality outcomes.
- Lead, motivate, coach team members to obtain the best performance from them.
- Actively drive a culture of learning in the team, with particular focus on technology and domain.
- Make or facilitate the making of decisions in a timely manner.
- Leverage as well as share experiences and assets to promote re-use and not â€re-invent the wheelâ€™.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.