VP, Project Manager, Group Consumer Banking and Big Data Analytics Technology, Technology & Operations
Group Technology and Operations (T&O) enables and empowers the bank with an efficient, nimble and resilient infrastructure through a strategic focus on productivity, quality & control, technology, people capability and innovation. In Group T&O, we manage the majority of the Bank's operational processes and inspire to delight our business partners through our multiple banking delivery channels. Job Role
The project manager is responsible for the overall technical health and progress of the project. They work closely with their business and technology to ensure the overall solution achieves the business objectives. The project manager is responsible for the quality of the product, from the overall business requirements to end-user quality. Importantly, they play a key role in establishing the culture to enable an agile environment to flourish. Responsibilities
- Tracking, monitoring and reporting project progress.
- Embedding a culture of trust and "safe to make mistakes" that encourages team members to raise issues and risks
- Exhibit values and principles of an agile mindset
- Accountable for cross team reporting to Program Manager, PMO and/or possibly steering committee - including project financials
- Managing project E2E - which may include non-software development activities (e.g. training, change management etc)
- Coordination across teams / platforms. The key for this is to keep transparency across the platform in the A/B/C type of work so that delivery can effectively be coordinated including critical areas of:
- Ensuring your project dependencies on other projects /platforms are on their roadmaps and timing and integration environments will be ready when your teams need them
- Ensuring the work other teams need from your team/s are included and prioritised appropriately in your teams work backlog.
- Highlighting capability gaps to respective team/tribe/ function leads
- Work to clear project level impediments for the team: Teams will raise issues that are beyond their control that need to be cleared (e.g., test data, environments, platform coordination, prioritization)
- Drive project and program delivery
- Responsible for ensuring project delivery on time on schedule and with quality
- Effectively communicate with team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the program, projects and project management community and with other stakeholders if necessary.
- Resolve issues at the project or line level and escalate issues which cannot be resolved in a timely and accurate manner.
- Manage key stakeholders and business and technology leads
- Manage and communicate effectively with domain leads at senior level and working level teams.
- Responsible for ensuring project steering committee meetings, cross function meetings and other key project meetings are effective and achieve objectives on a consistent manner.
- Change management
- Ability to drive the adoption of agile methodology across teams
- Able to work with users to drive changes within the organization for projects implementation
- Develop best practices and tools for project execution and management. Ensure utilization of standards and practices across all projects.
- 10-15 years of experience executing complex migration project is a MUST. Successful candidate should have led and migrations involving multiple applications/systems
- A proven track record of successfully implementing software programs using both Agile and traditional way of working in an enterprise environment
- Successful candidate should have domain knowledge in consumer finance products (including credit cards and unsecured lending)
- Proven experience at a senior level in a delivery manager or Scum Master (4 to 5 years).
- Prior experience on applications analysis, design and development, preferably on Unsecured Leading applications such as credit card acquiring and issuing. Knowledge of cards application like VisionPLUS, and IST is a plus
- Balanced business/technical background:
- Sufficient level of technical background to provide highly-credible leadership to development teams and be able to accurately and objectively evaluate complex program risks and issues
- Excellent presentation, analytical and articulation skills
- Self-starter and extremely hands on in the management of projects
- Proven leadership skills and evidence of collaboration with customers to develop strategies and solutions of high business value
- Able to manage and work with internal stakeholders, and vendors.
- Ability to apply general organizational knowledge of the business and systems processes in problem analysis is required.
- Ability to lead and negotiate business solutions that balance technical capability, cost, and time, against business need is required.
- Must exhibit confidence and an extensive knowledge of emerging industry practices when solving business problems.
- Ability to successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously is required.
- Must possess strong leadership skills and generate enthusiasm among stakeholders.
- Ability to work independently with users to define concepts, under direction of project managers is required.
- Must possess strong analytical, organizational and product management skills.
- Ability to communicate difficult sensitive information tactfully is required. Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, vendors and subject matter experts is required.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.