VP, Public Cloud Solution Engineer, Technology and Operations
Business Function Group Technology and Operations (T&O) enables and empowers the bank with an efficient, nimble and resilient infrastructure through a strategic focus on productivity, quality & control, technology, people capability and innovation. In Group T&O, we manage the majority of the Bank's operational processes and inspire to delight our business partners through our multiple banking delivery channels. Responsibilities
Key Skills and Experience
- Work collaboratively with the DBS applications teams to understand and assist with application architecture and integration into the DBS public cloud deployment methodology.
- Code development, integration and troubleshooting during development and integration with the DBS public cloud deployment pipeline and the public cloud services to enable application development, deployment, security and customer timelines.
- Knowledge sharing via creation and maintenance of knowledge base articles, blogs, and training material creation and delivery.
- Assist application teams with review and design of cloud infrastructure architecture to assist in passing assessments of Infrastructure and Security reviews, understand and articulate the security implications of every architectural decision
- Guide application developers to make sound decisions for public cloud technology selection against design objectives such as cost analysis, optimization, efficiency, performance, portability and security framed in the context of the business outcomes.
- Ensure compliance with the established DBS public cloud deployment methodology, principles, patterns and governance and security policy while enabling application team objectives.
- Identifying common pain points across different application teams and design and creation of enhancements and code packages to solve for all of bank.
Apply Now We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.
- 5 + years Enterprise experience building complex solutions within GCP and experience with architecting GCP production workloads for Business and IT operations, across a hybrid cloud environment.
- Demonstrable strong cloud architecture experience, specifically GCP with Professional or specialist level certification with deep understanding of security, service limits & optimization. GCP also desirable.
- Strong experience with Virtualisation, Kubernetes, Linux, environments including Storage and Networking.
- 5+ years Enterprise application development mastery in one or more languages in preference of order
- Experience with modern IaC pipeline such as:
- EKS CRDs
- Experience with a continuous delivery and continuous integration development environment.
- Knowledge and experience with Containers and Serverless Architecture.
- Background in customer fronting technical engagements preferred.
- Speaking and presentation skills - Presentations, white boarding, large and small group speaking.
- Able to debug and troubleshoot vast complex systems and write code on the spot to resolve.
- Outstanding customer service skills and customer first - get it done mentality
- Deep understanding of cloud ecosystem including Cloud Computing Technologies, business drivers and leading edge cloud emerging technologies and trends.
- Experience working under Agile methodology