DBS T&M offers a broad range of treasury products from Fixed Income, Currency, Rates and Credit products in both cash and derivatives. T&M provides total solutions to serve DBS clients' hedging and investment needs with a regional emphasis. We have a strong record in providing innovative wealth management solutions to our individual investors. We are a leader in SGD and regional products with an excellent, customer-driven research capability and with cutting-edge risk management technology and systems. Job Purpose:
Sustainability is the future. A rapidly growing number of stakeholders globally across governments, private and financial sectors as well as the society at large have embraced the urgent need to address environmental and social challenges. DBS has been a leader in driving the sustainability agenda in APAC. The ESG advisor within the Fixed Income division under Treasury and Markets will lead our efforts in helping the debt capital market transformation in this regard. Responsibilities:
- Reporting to the Head of Sustainability & Credit Advisory Group, Fixed Income Group, the candidate will lead the sustainable finance and efforts and develop strategies for our Fixed Income franchise, and help innovate, ideate and structure sustainable finance solutions for the Bank's clients globally.
Subject Matter Expert and Business Enabler
- Working with fixed income clients, IBG, and Sustainability team where possible to jointly develop practical sustainable finance solutions, offer expertise on ESG related risks, and contribute to the development and structuring of practical solutions and risk mitigating plans in ESG sensitive transactions to improve the overall risk profile of a transaction.
- Serve as the internal subject matter expert for sustainability in sensitive sectors such as agriculture, oil & gas, infrastructure, industrials. Keeping abreast of evolving themes and trends such as Transition Finance and Blended Finance.
- Communicating, training, and raising awareness to internal stakeholders. Work closely with internal stakeholders to implement the Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) guidelines and integrating them into the client origination and decision-making process / checklist.
- Serve as a point for engagements with regulators, governmental agencies, industry associations, NGOs and other relevant agencies/bodies on sustainability matters related to fixed income business and where required, collaborate with internal stakeholders to ensure appropriate responses and communication.
- Work with internal stakeholders to promote broad awareness of the Fixed Income Group's sustainability initiatives.
- Bachelor Degree with least 7 years' experience in ESG sustainable finance especially advantageous.
- Well versed in the international benchmarks and standards related to ESG
- Detailed oriented, and possess strong interpersonal, presentation and communication skills
- Be an independent and proactive worker