Vice President, Site Reliability Engineering Lead, Group Consumer Banking and Big Data Analytics Technology, Technology & Operations
Business Function Group Technology and Operations (T&O) enables and empowers the bank with an efficient, nimble and resilient infrastructure through a strategic focus on productivity, quality & control, technology, people capability and innovation. In Group T&O, we manage the majority of the Bank's operational processes and inspire to delight our business partners through our multiple banking delivery channels Job Responsibilities
- Modernize the tech stack, implement CI/CD and automation practices during the project delivery
- Lead and manage assigned deliveries for wealth digital products and multiple releases
- Work closely with business, delivery, technology, and vendor teams
- Manage delivery escalation
- Clear delivery blockages to avoid delivery delay
- Diligently and proactively highlight any risks due to the change implementation
- Support change and release management process for project deliveries
- Manage high severity incidents and high customer impact incidents focusing on fast recovery
- experience, by working with the operation team and technology development teams
- Drive the implementation of Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) and Chaos Engineering design for all strategic systems
- Drive effective communication between business and technology with regards to production service reliability and performance
- Drive continuous improvements in processes or systems leveraging Site Reliability Engineering methods
- Respond to, evaluate and analyse production incidents to minimize their impact as well as devise innovative solutions to prevent them in the future
- Improve the reliability and availability of systems by gathering hard data, designing systems for increased service reliability and performance
- Provide expert advice and training to our engineers as to which technology solutions and advanced reliability techniques to use on each situation
- Strong experience on building microservices with spring boot.
- Maven; continuous integration tools like Jenkins, and issue-tracking platform like JIRA
Leadership and Management Skills/ Drive
- Experience with Banking at least 5 years will be an added advantage
- At least 5 years of working experience in J2EE Servers like Jboss, Tomcat and Apache.
- SprintBoot/Java/AOP, Android Studio/Java/Kotlin, Xcode/Swift
- Cloud Foundry, OpenShift or other PaaS technologies.
- Public clouds such as AWS, Google Cloud or Azure.
- Dockers, Garden, Kubernetes, Mesos.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science and at least 10 or more years of relevant experience
- Experience driving major production incidents and organised incident Retrospective Meetings
- Experience with high availability, high-scale, and performance systems
- Strong understanding of virtualization and networking.
- Strong understanding of Linux.
- Familiarity with relational databases, preferably MySQL, NoSQL, MariaDB, PostgreSQL.
Apply Now We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.
- Self-disciplined and motivated - Ability to work independently without much supervision
- A pro-active 'can-do' attitude
- Ability to prioritize and self-manage incidents and defects