Vice President, Technology Risk Management
Description About this role Business Overview
The Risk & Quantitative Analysis (RQA) group provides independent oversight of BlackRock's fiduciary and enterprise risks. RQA's principal objectives are to advance the firm's risk management practices and to deliver independent risk expertise and constructive challenge to drive better business and investment outcomes. RQA's risk managers play a meaningful role in BlackRock's investment process, using quantitative analysis and a multi-disciplinary skillset to tackle real-world problems and provide tangible solutions in the investment management process.
RQA is committed to investing in our people to increase individual enablement and ultimately build a stronger team. Our goal is to create a culture of inclusion which encourages collaboration, innovation, diversity and the development our future leaders. We actively engage in discussions on career growth and work with team members to understand how personal passions and strength connect with our purpose. What the RQA group at BlackRock has:
- The opportunity to provide real world solutions that help preserve and protect the hopes and dreams of (truly) billions of people around the world
- A team of outstanding risk managers that ensure we have defined technology controls that protect our clients, our firm and support the achievement of firm-wide business goals
- Global colleagues partnering with senior management, technology leadership, information security, operational risk and other control functions to achieve this mission.
Based in Singapore, the candidate will work closely with local and regional teams across BlackRock.
- Lead and support risk assessments across key technology areas. Provide challenge to control owners and suggest areas of improvement
- Coordinate remediation efforts for risk and control issues and support issue closure or risk acceptances, as needed. Work with action owners to collect and evaluate appropriateness of evidence
- Support key control committees and groups that govern technology risk
- Review and provide guidance on BlackRock's technology and information security related policies and standards.
- Act as a regional subject matter expert on technology and information security governance, risk and compliance matters. Provide cyber technical advisory services regarding industry and leading practices, relevant strategic initiatives, and emerging technologies and trends.
- 5+ years of experience working in a Technology Risk, IT Audit, Information Security or related field (financial services industry experience preferred)
- Familiarity with relevant industry leading practices, such as DevOps and cloud, and control frameworks, such as COBIT and ITIL
- Understanding of software architecture and design, distributed systems, clean coding standards, SDLC, and/or technology operations (hands on experience preferred)
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to identify emerging risks, summarize issues and explain risk trends
- Strong collaborative and interpersonal skills as well as an ability to communicate (verbal, written and presentation) across all levels within the organization
- Proactive self-starter, ability to learn quickly and to take initiative. Enthusiasm and energy combined with a constant desire to challenge the status quo and to drive operational excellence.
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.