Wavefront Engineering - Train - Wavefront Engineering - Associate
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB Software Engineer - Train
Developer Experience enables engineers to deliver services, products and platforms for their business. Increasingly the firm relies on technology to achieve its commercial goals and deliver value to shareholders thru innovative technology solutions. To achieve these ambitions, we must be able to empower our talented engineers by providing a developer environment that is attractive, matches their expectations, keeps them engaged and productive.
Responsible for Goldman Sachs' mission critical production platforms including:
- Private and public cloud computing platforms
- Distributed scheduling
- Security and critical infrastructure services
- API platform
Our aim is to innovate and drive technology solutions that will impact the bottom line for the firm. By joining us, you will be part of a diverse global technical team focusing on solving critical business problems.
Work on a multi-year initiative to build out our strategic, highly scalable and resilient SDLC platform using cutting-edge technologies and streamlining processes for our engineers across the firm. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS RESPONSIBILITIES
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Drive the modernisation of SDLC platforms to be standardized, scalable, available and resilient
- Design, develop, test and document high-quality code in a structured, disciplined, and fast-moving environment
- Excel at building strong relationships with other engineers and enjoy collaboration
- Strong programming skills in one or more scripted and compiled programming languages
- Expertise in commercial / open source build systems (Gradle / Bazel / Make) and strong knowledge of software change management systems
- Prior experience of Devops, SRE, infrastructure (storage / networks / etc)
- General knowledge of multiple languages, and in-depth knowledge of at least one of: Golang, Erlang, Java, Python, C++
- Passionate about the software development process and facilitating high frequency / high quality change across a vibrant and diverse user community
- Team player, eager to work in a global organization
- Highly entrepreneurial and motivated
- Strong oral and written communication skills
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- BSc / MSc / PhD in relevant field (Computer Science, Maths, Physics)
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.