2022 Investment Banking Summer Analyst Program (Taipei)
Job Description & Requirements Company Profile:
Morgan Stanley is a worldwide leader in investment banking and is one of the top firms in Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), underwriting of equity and equity-related transactions, corporate debt issuance and high-yield debt financing. With over 2,000 professionals in 30 countries, we are consistently recognized for our performance in both traditional and innovative financing techniques and helping a wide range of clients around the world to make and execute decisions about their business strategy and financial structure. PLACEMENT AND DURATION:
Our Summer Analyst Program is designed to provide a realistic view of investment banking by having Summer Analysts assume the functions of Full-Time Analysts for 10 weeks. You are typically assigned to a specific group where you will work on a variety of transactions. Along the way, you will obtain a strong foundation in the basic skills of financial analysis and deal execution. You will be expected to start learning how to market the Firm's products and services effectively. TRAINING PROGRAM:
This intensive 10-week Program commences in June 2022. You will begin with a firmwide orientation to Morgan Stanley's business and your training will continue throughout the summer with structured learning sessions run by senior executives. Similarly, you will have many opportunities to integrate with peers and senior staff through a series of networking social and mentoring activities. RESPONSIBILITIES:
The work is challenging, and Summer Analysts are encouraged to roll up their sleeves, dig into financial statements and construct innovative solutions. Assignments vary depending upon group placement, but typically include:
QUALIFICATIONS /SKILLS /REQUIREMENTS:
- Analyzing financial and operating information relating to corporates and industries.
- Creating statistical exhibits that analyse comparative financial performance.
- Building models to depict projected financial results and to value companies.
- Participating actively in the execution of financing and/or M&A transactions.
- You must be a university student in your undergraduate or postgraduate degree with outstanding academic credentials; preference given to financial/business-related studies. Students must graduate between October 2022 and July 2023.
- You have oral and written fluency in English & Mandarin.
- You are a team player with a strong work ethic who thrives with confidence when faced with intellectual challenges.
- You have strong analytical skills and the ability to grasp complex data, manage multiple projects, provide complicated financial analysis and develop appropriate corporate finance solutions.
- You have outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, the ability to form effective working relationships through collaboration, strive for excellence and exhibit the highest ethical standards.