This role is responsible for the overall operations of the Finance department of the Taiwan entity, comprising the following activities (but is not limited to) such as accounts payable, financial and head office reporting, regulatory and tax reporting, management reporting, and project management to support finance transformation.
- Management and oversight of day-to-day activities of accounts payable, e.g. supervising staff and vendor payment database management, performing reviewer role for payments and cost allocations, and overseeing reconciliations
- Expense process management and ensuring adherence to Group Expense policies
- Costs reporting and gatekeeper, highlighting to management areas where costs can be controlled
Financial and Head Office Reporting
- General ledger review and maintenance
- Review and analysis of financial information in the various reports
- Intercompany invoicing
- Preparation and provision of accurate and timely head office reporting in compliance with Group requirements
- Provision of internal reporting to local management
Regulatory and Tax Reporting
- Preparation and submission of accurate and timely regulatory reporting in compliance with statutory requirements
- Tax reporting to local tax authorities
- Liaison with internal and external auditors, and other departments within the entity
- At least 8 of Finance working experience, preferably in private banking or securities firm
- Hands-on knowledge in securities regulatory reporting
- Conversant with IFRS and Taiwan GAAP
- Qualified accountant (Taiwan CPA, ACCA or equivalent qualifications) with solid accounting and finance skills
- Strong self-starter, pro-active and collaborative team player.
- Good analytical/communications skills and problem-solving ability
- Able to work well under tight deadlines within a matrix organization, handle multiple responsibilities and deliver results
- Good operational knowledge and skills in IT applications, e.g. Microsoft Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Power BI, etc.
- Knowledge in T24 and/or Oracle would be an advantage