Graduate Software Engineer
- Standort: Belfast, Northern Ireland, Großbritannien
- Gehalt: Competitive
- Art des Jobangebots: Vollzeit
Graduate Software EngineerIn January 2018, we launched one of the industry's largest technical transformation projects, in effect building a new bank from the ground up. This project isn't greenfield in the way most banks claim projects are; we've started with a blank sheet of paper both operationally and technically. We're using the same technologies that Silicon Valley giants are using: aggressive use of multiple public clouds, building our own private cloud to achieve even better performance, pushing out microservices into what will be one of the largest Kubernetes installations in the world, leveraging immutable storage to process and store hundreds of terabytes of data per day, transforming our industry through application of distributed ledger technology and cognitive computing, aggressively participating in open source communities driving our systems.
This isn't a traditional banking role. This is a chance to push your technical skills with people more comfortable in a technology firm than a bank but solving real problems that affect anyone with any form of savings worldwide (not just trying to get people to click on ads). We don't expect you to wear a suit, we don't expect you to not be able to tell your friends what you're working on, we don't expect you to sit in meetings 5 hours a day. We do expect creativity, energy and passion to solve real problems and leverage technology to transform our industry.
If this sounds like you, join us.
We are searching for strong Graduate Software Engineers across our different technology development streams that are keen to learn and grow within a Financial Services environment.
What's the opportunity?
You will join the technology team that is in charge of our Unified Data Architecture. This is a major component of the technology transformation program which is building a new application operating system for State Street, covering everything that an application DevOps team would work with on a daily basis.
You will work with the latest technology to create cloud native applications for ingesting, transforming, retrieving, analyzing, processing, auditing and securing data for use internally and by our customers. You will leverage cloud infrastructure to deliver elastic, highly available, scalable and resilient systems.
You will use and contribute to open source technologies, relying on Kubernetes & Docker as microservices.You will operate in an evolving environment where new technology and processes are rapidly adopted. You will do all this in a true DevOps fashion with agile infrastructure and a follow-the-sun mandate with a geographically distributed team.
What you'll be doing
- Investigating feature requests, performing detailed analysis, creating specifications, building, testing and implementing new functionality.
- Diagnose and correct problems in live infrastructure in support of our production clients.
- Leveraging frameworks, tools & automation to ensure quality software deliveries.
- Work in an agile way, using agile development and infrastructure techniques.
- Collaborate with your peers across three continents working on the transformation effort ensuring that best practices are followed throughout the organization.
- Become an active member in the Open Source communities surrounding the technologies that we use on a daily basis.
- Develop application archetypes & training materials, assisting application developers in making the best use of this infrastructure.
- Develop your skills in devops, fullstack development and cloud native technologies.
What makes you a great candidate?
- Graduating in 2019 with a Degree in Computing, Computer Science, Software Engineering, Mathematics or Engineering or a similarly quantitative discipline, with a predicted grade 2.1 or above.
- Keen interest in any of the following technologies:
- Java, C++, Python, SQL, R
- Container technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes.
- Cloud technologies (AWS, Azure, GCP, etc.)