Are you torn between wanting to go to Uni to further your education and getting a job to start earning some money? Here at CME Group in Belfast, we could have the solution.......
We're looking for keen an enthusiastic, inquisitive, driven bright school or college leaver with a passion for business in the technology world, to join us as a Higher Level Apprentice.
We're partnering with Ulster University, to create a programme where you'll be studying a Business Technology BSc (Hons) degree , part time as well as working for CME Group, up to, 4 days a week. The degree is 4 years in duration.
The Business Technology degree develops skills in subjects that include Business Analysis, Accounting, Programming, Business Management, Databases, Governance and Ethics, Data Analytics and Strategic Business Planning.
Working alongside our supportive teams, you'll have the opportunity to see the practical application of the course content, with insight into Compliance, Accounting, Software and Business Operations teams.
You'll contribute to real projects and be learning, earning, developing and studying as a valued member of CME Group in Belfast.
What do you need to demonstrate:
- GCSE grade B or above in English & Maths
- A Levels - achieved or expected to achieve by August 2023 predicted grades of BBB or above , ideally in STEM or Business related subjects
- A passion for business, team working, leadership and problem solving, demonstrated by activities inside and outside of school
- Drive, commitment and eagerness to learn
- Good communication and collaboration skills
What will you get
- Full funding for a BSc (Hons) Business Technology degree with Ulster University
- A competitive apprenticeship salary
- A supportive, nurturing learning environment
- Variation with insights into many different teams around a Global Financial Technology business
- Working with teams of great individuals, passionate about what they do supporting your development with on the job training, self-paced and classroom training from CME Group, covering business acumen, technology and soft skills.
- Valuable experience of working in a global corporate, within a local office in central Belfast
- Professional training and support program
- To be part of our Early Career Program - with around 50 others
This is an opportunity to leave University with no debt, earn some decent money and practically apply the theory learnt in your degree with mentors and team members to provide ongoing coaching and support.
What will you be working on -
No two days are the same, you could be:
- analysing expense spend for the Business Entity
- Forecasting a budget for next year
- Organising an event, like a corporate box at the Belfast Giants Game (and attending too)
- Investigating funding opportunities for Research and Development
- Planning Google Cloud Platform training (we recently signed a billion dollar deal with Google)
- Procuring anything for Regional Offices - from technology to a pool table.
- Creating and collating a presentation for all 300 Belfast staff
- Presenting in your old school
- Planning the relocation of a team with all their technology
- Taking part in a Business Continuity Scenario
The Business Operations Office cover all aspects of supporting a Global Financial Technology Business - including Facilities, Health and Safety, Relationships with Industry Peers, Government and Academia, Financial Planning and Control for Technology, Training, Management Reporting, Events (Internal and External), Procurement, Corporate Communications, Early Career Program, Business Continuity, Physical Security.
The Teams we support are Technology, Legal, HR, Marketing, Clearing Operations, Accounting and Finance, and we are a key liaison for Global queries.
If you could be are interested in building your career straight out of school or college, we'd would love to hear from you!
Closing date: Monday 27th February 2023
Successful candidates will start the programme early September.
Please note - this opportunity is not available via UCAS application.
All candidates must evidence an existing right to work in the UK
The successful candidate will be employed by CME Group, and then apply in partnership with CME Group to Ulster University, to take one of the Apprenticeship places on the Business Technology BSc course.
CME Group: Where Futures Are Made
CME Group (www.cmegroup.com) is the world's leading derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it, all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we're looking for more.