Senior Collateral Analyst
- Belfast, Northern Ireland, Großbritannien
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- 18 Apr 19
Senior Collateral Analyst
- Primary Location: United Kingdom,Northern Ireland,Belfast
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Operations
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: No
- Job ID: 19005121
Overview of Citi:
Citi, the world leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and a presence in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions worldwide. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Citi enables clients to achieve their strategic financial objectives by providing them with cutting-edge ideas, best-in-class products and solutions, and unparalleled access to capital and liquidity.
The Prime Finance department consists of four areas; Client Services, Inventory and Collateral Management, Trade Support and Control.
This role falls within the Client Service group providing support to the Stock Lending and Equity Finance trading desks across multiple regions and it involves the daily management of Stock Lending transactions to both Hedge Fund and Corporate clients.
Role / Position Overview
Responsible for managing daily processes around client service including collateral management, exposure management, contract comparison, breaks resolution and monthly billing investigation. To ensure that daily controls are followed by to prevent risk to the firm and manage settlement exceptions.
Provide support to junior team members. Have direct impact and assist other team members in achieving department goals.
This is a high profile role with exposure to large volumes and high value trading and cash movements. Essentially this is a role as a subject matter expert within collateral management and can ideally cover multiple products (Fixed Income/Equity) through bi-lateral and triparty settlement.
In this roll there is an expectation to drive your own development in conjunction with your supervisor and lead the charge for LEAN re-engineering initiatives and be the best for our clients.
An excellent opportunity to join a high performing and welcoming team who work well together as a unit.
- Be the 1st level of escalation for external clients and internal stakeholder, resolving or escalating issues to senior management appropriately.
- Be responsible for your client relationships and reviewing any incoming emails to the group and providing help where required. Prioritise client and urgent queries against daily deadlines.
- Be responsible for monitoring daily workflow and ability to adapt client coverage against volumes. Manage multiple deadlines and cut-offs throughout the day.
- Process borrow and loan returns and recalls on a daily basis, month end billing and general client support when needed.
- Work closely with the front office on client relationships ensuring related strategy are implemented into the team.
- Enhance our client experience by driving process improvements to increase the automation of daily processes.
- Annotate and sign off end of day checks in line with audit requirements.
- Complete contract compare reviews daily and call traders on high priority risk errors and recall bookings to ensure no financial loss to Citi.
- Perform daily post reconciliation controls checks and manage the reporting of aged items to control on a daily/monthly basis.
- Annotate and resolve all control breaks on your accounts and timely activation of new accounts
- Work closely with Prime Finance control team to provide accurate information for internal and external audit requests.
- Proactively advertise departmental/individual achievements on a weekly basis.
- Facilitate cross training to ensure information and best practises are shared throughout the department and within lateral teams
- Raise awareness of site wide events and drive change through annual Voice of the Employee results to continual improve employee experience.
- Budgetary reviews and provide input in priority discussions for system changes and enhancements. Will have challenging goals around re-engineering and process improvement.
- Set SMART individual goals and a challenging development plan on an annual basis.
- Evaluate own performance to recognise and review skill set, development areas and key strengths, delivering feedback through 1-2-1 meetings and semi-annual appraisals.
- Responsible for any on the job training tracked to a skills matrix and all attributed appraisals and development discussions.
- Expected to train others as they cross train or join the team with consistent reviews and performance feedback
- Can be seen as a technical expert and point of contact for technology/desk/seniors
- Development of people and performance management skills by mentoring/supporting others and a key contributor to the team
- Develop knowledge of the project prioritization process learning to drive change within the business.
- Development of communication skills and exposure to senior management by providing management updates at a regional level and participating in site wide meetings.
- Raising your own process improvements and managing the change
- Develop knowledge on the team's strategies and how to influence functional decisions that have a direct impact on the business.
- Build business relationships throughout the organization.
- GSCE "A" Level standard or equivalent
- Good numeric skills
- Bachelors degree
- Industry exams e.g. FSA module exams or a full affiliate status
- Advanced knowledge of life-cycle of trade processing for Equity and Fixed Income products including trade capture, PandL, settlement and reconciliations for the Stock Borrow / Loan product area.
- Advanced understanding of the portfolio valuations.
- Customer service experience including providing feedback and complaint handling.
- Experience of applying technical knowledge of concepts and procedures to resolve complex issues.
- Experience of working in a deadline driven environment.
- Work experience within the Financial Services Industry is a benefit.
- Computer literate - Ability to quickly grasp several in house systems including Microsoft office applications.
- Communication - Strong communication and diplomacy skills to communicate effectively across the organization.
- Problem solving - Resolve complex problems where the analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of basic procedures and industry standards.
- Planning and organising - Ability to work independently and multitask under pressure
- Attention to detail - Diligently attends to details and pursues quality in accomplishing tasks.
- Leadership - Ability in developing and empowering others to accomplish their goals and resolve issues.
- Proactive - Identifying situations that could result in new business and developing recommendations tailored to the client.
What we Offer
As well as a competitive salary and consideration for a yearly discretionary bonus Citi offer;
- 23 days paid annual leave
- Award winning pension scheme,
- Life assurance and
- Private medical insurance with Bupa healthcare.
In addition, we offer a competitive maternity, paternity and adoption leave scheme and employees also have the option (provided they have a student loan from the Student Loan Company) to divert saver and company match contributions to their student loan. We pride ourselves on our ability to offer employees a number of lifestyle benefits including; on site restaurant and coffee shops, online shopping and concierge service and subsidised clubs and societies.
Our select benefit package offers you the opportunity to customise your benefits according to your own lifestyle preferences and includes corporate discounts, memberships and a range of additional extras.
Our vast range of diversity networks and on site multi faith room demonstrates Citi's commitment to growing a diverse workforce.
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
Valuing Diversity: Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organisational success.
Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer