Senior Consultant , IT Transformation, IT Advisory, EY, Belfast
- Belfast, Northern Ireland, Großbritannien
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- 15 Jan 19
Senior Consultant , IT Transformation, IT Advisory, EY, Belfast
At EY, we are expanding our Advisory practice and specifically building our Performance Improvement (PI) team. Due to this expansion we are seeking to recruit high achieving individuals to be part of our growing business.
Currently we are recruiting IT Transformation consultants primarily from Senior Consultant through to Senior Manager levels for the IT Advisory team.
We are seeking individuals with significant experience or individuals who have gained project and technology delivery experience within large recognised organisations. We are looking for Senior Consultants with a proven track record in delivery of complex IT related projects and programmes.
Please see the Job Specification below for requirements for the Senior Consultant role.
At Senior Consultant level, there will be opportunities to work across our focus sectors within the PI practice (Health, Utilities, Transport, Government) so experience in these sectors would also be an advantage. Strong experience with a blue chip consulting firm or blue-chip industry/government organisation.
Your key responsibilities
- You should have solid business consulting skills and be able to work consultatively on a strategic or operational level
- You must have a proven track record of outstanding performance and display a high level of people and business skills
- You will be at ease with a consultative approach and looking to reach your full potential
- You will help to build valued relationships with external clients and internal peers
- You will participate in presentations and proposals for medium complex projects or elements of highly complex projects
- Drawing on your skills and experience to date you will work as part of a fast growing practice to delivery complex IT related assignments. This could include IT functional design, PMO, IT Sourcing and general IT Project delivery
- You'll create high-quality work products and act as a subject matter resource on one or more services, leveraging knowledge and experience to shape services to client problems
- As a respected professional you'll communicate effectively with EY engagement partners and managers and work to build, manage and motivate high-performing teams, and help key staff to build sustainable competencies
- You will be hungry for personal success, learning and promotion
- You will be responsible for your own self development
- You will contribute to performance feedback for all levels of staff
- You will contribute to people initiatives including recruiting, retaining and training IT Advisory professionals
- You will maintain an educational program to continually develop personal skills
- You will understand, follow and communicate workplace policies and procedures to all levels of staff.
- To support delivery of the IT element of large business transformation programmes
- To support delivery of IT Transformation Programme e.g. IT Sourcing, Strategy etc.
- Solve business and technology issues through collaboration and teaming
- Use business analysis techniques to support problem solving
- Understand all our service offerings and actively identify opportunities to better serve clients;
- Build strong internal relationships within Advisory and across other services.
Skills and attributes for success
Demonstrating experience in one or more of the following competencies is essential:
- Application Development (SDLC)
- ERP implementation (Oracle, MS Dynamics)
- Delivery of large scale business/technology programmes
- IT Strategy & Architecture
- Technology sourcing
- PMO and IT governance
- IT Sourcing
- IT Process effectiveness and value
- Enterprise Intelligence/Analytics
- Business analysis in an IT environment
To qualify for the role you must have
Ideally, you'll also have
- Strong academic record including a third level degree, preferably in a business or IT related area
- At this Senior Consultant level, there will be opportunities to work across our focus sectors within the PI practice (Health, Utilities, Transport, Government) so experience in these sectors would also be an advantage
- At least 3 years with a blue chip consulting firm or blue-chip industry/government organisation
- Proven experience in business development such as client relationship management and proposal support
If you have keen interest in technology as an enabler for business as well as the intellectual curiosity and energy, then the EY Performance Improvement IT Advisory team could be exactly the right place for you
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you'll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a b etter working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.