- Belfast, Northern Ireland, Großbritannien
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- Chicago Mercantile Exchange
- 11 Dez 18
CME Group: Where Futures Are Made
CME Group (www.cmegroup.com) is the world's leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it, all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Joining our company gives you the opportunity to make a difference in global financial markets every day, whether you work on our industry-leading technology and risk management services, our benchmark products or in a corporate services area that helps us serve our customers better. With 2,500 employees located around the world, we're small enough for you and your contributions to be known. But big enough for your ideas to make an impact. The pace is dynamic, the work is unlike any other firm in the business, and the possibilities are endless. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we're looking for more.
The Systems Engineer ESP supports the Enterprise Server Platforms at CME Group. The incumbent must have strong knowledge of VMWare Virtualization and Citrix administration, configuration, networking, scripting and automation, large scale distributed computing, hardware/operating system/application interaction, backups and security. Strong communication and documentation skills are required as the candidate will typically be working with customers for support and new initiatives.
• Accurately defines problem statements, gathers and compares data about the problems and document the details; Prepares analysis report and seeks out all feasible alternatives; Prioritizes the alternatives and works out a plan for execution with supervision.
• Demonstrates knowledge of skilled systems (VMware / Citrix ), distributed computing architecture (client server, intranet/internet), h/w platforms and resources - CPU, memory, virtualization, clustering and cloud computing. Configures systems and modifies settings to ensure proper functioning; Handles most implementations without support, including script implementation and validation, automating where possible; Provides routine maintenance of systems.
• Gathers requirements from customers and analyzes the environment scope for business requirements; Facilitates hardware and software requirements; Maintains the availability of environments for projects; Follows application deployment/configuration plans and implements execution environment plans.
• Troubleshoots most known and some new issues, determines the root cause, provides solutions, and takes initiative to see the solution through; Identifies problems and provides solutions; Verifies implementation and makes adjustments as necessary; Documents solution and provides clarification and support to others.
• A Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or other related discipline is required; or equivalent combination of education and relevant proven work experience that is required for the specific job level.
• Experience in systems admin or equivalent experience, incorporating
• VMware vSphere 5.5 or higher
• Citrix suite of Products, such as Provisioning Server, Desktop Delivery control etc.
• Enterprise Networking and Storage solutions
• H/w platforms and resources - CPU, memory, virtualization, clustering and cloud computing.
• Financial Trading Experience
Please note this position is for a Tuesday-Saturday shift.