Senior Data Analyst
- Birmingham, England, Großbritannien Birmingham England GB
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- 20 Sep 18 2018-09-20
See job description for details
Join us as a Senior Data Analyst
- Take on a role with great learning potential in our Financial Risk & Analytics FR&A) team
- You'll be providing analytic support on projects and supporting the Analytics Data Enablement Manager in monitoring progress in change initiatives
- You'll gain exposure to a wide range of stakeholders including senior management across Risk, Treasury and Finance
- You'll have a great platform to hone your analytic skills and build your understanding of risk and capital management
- This role is available for 12 months
What you'll do
You'll support change within Financial Risk & Analytics (FR&A) including stress testing, data and infrastructure enhancement initiatives. This will involve on-going engagement with stakeholders across the bank including teams within Risk, Finance, Treasury, Internal Audit and Enterprise solution to facilitate discussion around analytics data enablement requirements.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Sizing of existing risk issues through discussion with multiple stakeholders across franchises, Risk, Finance and Treasury
- Working within and outside FR&A to identify new issues through review and challenge of existing processes
- Working on effective solutions and plans in place to address known issues
- Identifying potential solutions and engaging relevant parties to address often complex issues
- Monitoring progress on implementation of solutions in order to ensure change is delivered to schedule
- Taking ownership of project documentation including taking minutes, setting up meetings, action tracking, preparing status updates and packs for senior management
The skills you'll need
We're looking for someone with excellent analytic and communication skills and a good understanding of finance, risk and analytics.
- Good understanding of the regulatory and financial consequences of failures in stress testing processes
- The ability to build productive relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- The ability to resolve complex problems by engaging people and using creative skills to find solutions or identify alternatives
- Project skills and the ability to learn quickly and adapt
- Experience of developing timing plans with programme milestones
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary and you'll also join our retirement savings plan. You can also choose from a selection of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we'll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you'll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.