Goodman Masson are supporting a multinational Investment Bank in the hire for a Senior SOX Manager on a 3 Month Contract initially (scope for extension). This role is based in Birmingham (hybrid work model).
- Maintain entity's risk exposure within risk appetite by delivering a structured programme for the management of all Financial reporting risks with appropriate controls
- Ensure that the Bank continues to maintain regulatory compliance with Sarbanes Oxley Act.
- Lead the identification, assessment and remediation of key global thematic control issues
- Lead control improvement initiatives ensuring practical and workable solutions and best practices are suitably shared
- Maintain SOX and Finance Risk and Control Management procedures in line with current regulations and internal related frameworks
- Perform SOX risk assessment for the entity in accordance with Finance FIM requirements and as per Group instructions
- Maintaining regular communication and engage with Global Businesses and Global functions to identify any potential issue that could lead to a SOX deficiency.
- Perform deficiency evaluation, review and challenge. Ensure all deficiencies are recorded in HELIOS on a timely basis.
- Coordinate Internal Control Certificate sign off from business or function heads to support the entity CEO and CFO's certification.
- Working closely with the Assurance team to complete annual walkthrough process reviews and testing of SOX in scope processes, to assess the design and operating effectiveness of SOX controls.
- Prepare insightful management information reports on internal control matters to support SOX governance meetings and entity Audit Committee meetings.
- Supporting delivery of Group project activity to improve the control environment.
- Extensive experience in, and thorough understanding of, managing, overseeing and applying controls across the entity, including those underpinning SOX and Non-Financial Risk frameworks
- Understanding of the Finance operating model at Group, Business and Country levels
- Thorough understanding of areas within Finance as well as other areas of risk e.g. legal, compliance
- Qualified Accountant with experience preferably with banking and financial services in the field of risk and controls.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, strong stakeholder management and business writing skills
- Effective team and matrix management skills in a multi-cultural environment
- Ability to cope with pressure, deadlines, multiple deliverables and manage large scale projects
If interested, please apply below. Alternatively, email your CV to email@example.com
In our company values we aim for equity at all stages of the recruitment process, please let us know if we can do anything to make the process more accessible to you.