- Bristol, England, Großbritannien Bristol England GB
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- 20 Jun 18 2018-06-20
See job description for details
Join us as a Scrum Master in Bristol or London
- Lead a scrum team to deliver important change projects in Private Banking Performance & Business Management and help us shape the future of our business
- Working in an agile environment, you'll be leading the team in the ways of the scrum, fostering collaboration and ensuring the team performs at the highest level
- Hone your project skills as you work with talented people and new technology, with access to the bank's Agile community, experts and events
What you'll do
Private Banking Performance & Business Management are creating a new structure, with Accelerator Hubs using Agile techniques to deliver small, rapid changes. As Scrum Master you'll be leading and coaching a project team to deliver great results, using of Agile and scrum techniques. This will involve explaining and embedding scrum practices, driving improvements in the way the team works and fostering a collaborative, trusting, self-organising and high performing team culture.
The focus will be on delivering great project outcomes through regular sprints. You'll be using your planning expertise to anticipate and resolve problems and handle multiple project components. In the process, you'll be ensuring that everything develops in line with agreed goals, costs and time scales.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Acting as process owner for the team, and maintaining the relationship with the project's key stakeholder
- Coaching the team to higher levels of Agile and Scrum maturity, and helping them define their ways of working
- Facilitating discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution
- Facilitating reviews, retrospectives, scrum meetings and planning meetings
- Building relationships with product owners and stakeholders
The skills you'll need
We're looking for someone with experience of successfully coaching a team using scrum and agile methodology. You'll need project or change management experience, excellent interpersonal skills and an assured grasp of agile and scrum techniques.
We'll also expect:
- Knowledge of modern development practices and tools, and the enthusiasm to keep up to speed and share your expertise
- Experience of changing old organisational mind-sets and ways of working
- Deep understanding of the Agile principles and a Scrum Master certification, such as CSM, PSM or CSP
- The ability to work influentially with a wide range of colleagues and stakeholders across our business
- A keen eye for risk and potential problems, and a proactive approach to finding solutions
- The determination to keep developing your project management talents and take on new responsibilities
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus 30% cash and benefit funding programme that can be tailored to suit your individual needs. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we'll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you'll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.