Software Engineer (Release)
- Bristol, England, Großbritannien
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- Lloyds Banking Group
- 17 Feb 19
Software Engineer (Release)
10 February 2019
£48,636 - £54,040
Job Description Summary
You might not know that Lloyds Banking Group (LBG) is the UK's leading digital bank and its biggest mobile bank - with over 13 million active online customers.
And with over 30m customers we're looking to harness the data we hold to ensure we become the best Bank for customers through our products and services.
We're now embarking on a three year, £3bn, transformation programme - putting unprecedented levels of investment into our platforms, people and data capabilities to build the bank of the future.
Could you have a key role to play in it?
Here's where you'll make a difference:
You'll use your extensive knowledge and skills to enhance and manage the Environment and Release strategy for the Finance Engineering team in the Finance Ledger and Sub-ledger Lab (FLS Lab).
Within the FSL Lab there are a number of applications that are impacted by the change portfolio across the group and as a result of this there is a need to manage the change on a daily basis.
As part of this role you will be required to manage a number of on-premise and cloud applications and the intricacies of those environments and release schedules.
Aligned to this you will be crucial in developing our Dev Ops tooling across the FLS Lab. Key areas are looking at containerization, code management to enhance our agility in order to deliver faster for our key stakeholders.
Alongside the change portfolio there will be close interaction with the ongoing run team and assistance in any support incidents on the FLS Lab applications.
You will have or gain an understanding of industry best practice and share the knowledge to shape solutions to problems where it may not have been done before and implement in the most appropriate way.
You've got a lot of knowledge to share and we'd really like you to mentor and grow our more junior colleagues creating opportunities for their learning and growth combined with honest feedback.
Technology stack: Oracle Databases, PL/ SQL, GIT, Jenkins, Containerisation, Aptitude Accounting Hub, DRM, Oracle Fusion
- Responsible for managing the Finance Ledgers & Sub Ledgers Lab application Release processes ensuring all change is managed without impact to live service.
- Maintain high level of technical knowledge of the application estate, including currency and risk management.
- Contribute to the ongoing strategy of the Ledgers & Sub Ledgers platform in the Release space.
- Proactively work with the Finance Run team ensuring service is accordingly maintained in the Finance Ledgers & Sub Ledgers application estate
- Ensure key stakeholders are aligned with the Release strategies as appropriate e.g. Testing teams, Business Areas
- Extensive experience of Release Management
- Knowledge of Aptitude Accounting Hub, DRM & Oracle Fusion technologies beneficial
- Working with Cloud and integration with On-Premise applications
- Working with Financial ERP systems would be advantageous
- Automated release and build process preferably using Jenkins.
- Configuration and deployment management tools
- Experience of complete Development Lifecycle, Release Engineering, DevOps and Configuration management.
We all learn and develop with our experience but we know that having the right approach is the key to being successful. So whilst skills, knowledge and prior experience are important to us we want people who are highly motivated, and enthusiastic with an inquisitive and curious approach to work.
Our group values of Keeping it Simple, Making a Difference Together and Pitting Customers First are at the heart of our ethos so a commitment to improvement, combined with adaptability, a love of learning, and a collaborative approach are crucial to us.
To support this excellent communication and interpersonal skill will be key.
So if you are the sort of person that has a real delivery focus and can make things happen you are the person we want.
So what can we offer you in return? A package that includes:
- Performance related bonus
- A generous pension contribution
- 30 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Private Health cover
- A flexible benefit cash pot to craft around your lifestyle
- Share schemes including free shares
- Discounted products and discounted high street shopping
So if joining us at a critical and exciting time is of interest then we'd love to hear from you...
At Lloyds Banking Group, we're driven by a clear purpose; to help Britain prosper. Across the Group, our colleagues are focused on making a difference to customers, businesses and communities. With us you'll have a key role to play in shaping the financial services of the future, whilst the scale and reach of our Group means you'll have many opportunities to learn, grow and develop.
We're focused on creating a values-led culture and are committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve. Together we're building a truly inclusive workplace where all of our colleagues have the opportunity to make a real difference.