EMPOWERING YOUR CAREER
We are looking for a Senior Infrastructure Engineer (Cloud)
to join our team in Chertsey, England, Großbritannien
- Chertsey, England, Großbritannien
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- FIS Global
Prophet is a leading enterprise-wide actuarial modelling system that helps insurance and financial services companies meet reporting responsibilities, improve risk management, and develop more profitable products faster.
FIS's Managed Cloud Service business in Insurance is growing very rapidly (circa 40% in 2017) and is seeking new talent. The Senior Infrastructure Engineer will initially be supporting our leading cloud-enabled solution, Prophet, but will be expected to diversify as the business develops. The position requires a self-motivated individual with proven technical expertise and excellent communication skills. The Senior Infrastructure Engineer will acquire further skills and knowledge to become a subject matter expert in providing Managed Hosted Services in a secure, high performance and resilient Public Cloud infrastructure.
The key function of the role is the implementation, support and operation of the Insurance managed services environments. Working with a variety of clients, and internal functions such as Service Desk, product support specialists, Cloud providers and technical architects, the Senior Infrastructure Engineer will ensure the delivery and continued operation of the environments and are delivered to customers in line with stringent SLAs. Our primary Public Cloud technologies are AWS and Azure.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Environment establishment - working with colleagues in Professional Services, convert new clients' requirements into a production-ready cloud environment for them. Our customers range from small companies with single digit numbers of users, to much larger organisations requiring hundreds, perhaps thousands of cores in their environment. On occasion this will also entail building smaller environments for purposes such as pre-sales/demonstrations, or for evaluation purposes by prospective clients. This is the primary responsibility of this role.
• Problem management - Identify and remediate root cause of complex issues affecting users' operation of the service. Identify potential problems and propose preventative measures to reduce/remove the likelihood of the problem affecting the service. Where necessary respond to major incidents outside of core business hours.
• Change management - Author change requests coming from the support team or from clients; provide technical peer review and approval for changes submitted by other team members. Implement changes during and outside of business hours.
• Management of infrastructure services such as Active Directory, Citrix, DNS, firewalls, DFS, SQL (including cluster services) and working with the Technical Architect on the overall architecture and design.
• Disaster recovery - documentation and execution of technical recovery procedures. Partake in quarterly DR tests and document approach and findings.
• Patch management - Perform technical evaluation of operating systems and application patches through a formal test process. Ensure patches are successful or issues remediated.
• Security - Work with the Technical Architect and Security team to design, implement and review controls which comply with the corporate security policies. Ensure segregation of duties between development and support groups in the managed services environment through appropriate controls on access rights.
• Monitoring and reporting - Ensure monitoring solutions are accurately capturing the appropriate level of data and the analysis is performed to ensure that when thresholds are breeched the appropriate staff members are notified. Generate periodic reports on system utilization and health.
Essential Experience Required;
• significant hands-on experience of a public cloud technology, preferably AWS or Azure.
• proven experience in product support environment
• Administration and implementation of hosted services environments
• Application provision in a hosted services environment
• Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team depending on the nature of the work
• Good written and verbal communications at all levels
• Customer facing exposure in a related role
Desirable Experience Required;
• Ability to communicate complex technical issues to business focused teams and to take a business requirement and build a technical solution to support the need
• Worked within technical frameworks such as ITIL
• Experience of large project deliveries in an enterprise environment
• Professional, customer focused, diligent, an eye for detail and a consistent approach
• Degree with emphasis in a technical discipline, ideally computer science focused
• Industry qualifications in Microsoft, VMware, networking and Citrix will be advantageous although not essential
Essential Skills Required;
• Wide breadth of knowledge on IT Infrastructure, especially AWS, Azure or other leading Public Cloud technology
• Knowledge of Citrix, Microsoft Windows Server, SQL Server, Active Directory
• Complex problem solving
• Understanding of change management processes
• Knowledge of networking concepts (including firewall design and principals, load balancing, shared storage)
• Hands on or conceptual understanding of grid processing and big data
• PowerShell Scripting
• Knowledge of Oracle
• UNIX / Linux
Interested to find out more? Apply now to become part of the FIS team! We look forwards to recieving your application.