Infrastructure Engineer – Unix
About The Role
We're looking for am Engineer to provide a deep level of technical knowledge and own a complex production of incidents, as well as collaborating with other technical teams to troubleshoot and ensure complete resolutions.
You'll be expected to run small projects to resolve ITIL defined service problems and allocate tasks to colleagues and ensure the completion of work to an agreed quality, timescale and criteria.
You'll continually asses ways of working in order to develop or revise artefacts and processes that improve team efficiency and effectiveness.
About You Key Skills
- rhel7/8 experience
- Redhat Satellite
- Ansible/Ansible Tower
- Good k nowledge of Solaris 10/11
- Good knowledge of RHEL Builds
- Good knowledge of patching
- Good scripting experience (bash/kornshell/python)
- Good knowledge of LVM
- Network and infrastructure Security concepts
- Experience of AWS
- Experience of VMware
- Working with 3rd parties/suppliers Other essential information:
• There may be a need to provide out of hours support dependent on demand - f lexible approach to working hours to meet own objectives and assist colleagues in meeting their objectives.
• Able to work under pressure.
• Thorough, with a good attention to detail. Internally
this role is known as Technical Specialist - IT Service.
About The Company
Our people are our most valuable asset and we are committed to attracting and retaining the very best people who reflect our values. We recognise the importance of helping you to balance your working life with other priorities, so if you wish to consider this vacancy and your circumstances require different hours to those advertised, then let us look at the flexibility you require and see if we can accommodate your needs, whilst ensuring we continue to meet our members' needs.
IT at the Coventry is changing; we are currently undertaking an exciting transformation project that will shape the future of the organisation. As we progress on our journey we are seeking talented individuals who are passionate about delivering an outstanding experience for both members and colleagues in an environment where you will have the opportunity to be part of the future success of the organisation and work in an environment where personal and professional development is taken seriously.