Infrastructure Engineer - EUC
About The Role
It's a great time to join us at the Coventry Building Society and make a difference as we continue our journey to transform one of our key technology platforms.
The End User Computing team is looking for someone who can make best use of his or her extensive EUC knowledge and industry experience to drive the adoption of change, improve service and enhance the end user experience.
We are looking for a highly experienced and technically proficient individual who possess strong technical knowledge of the End User Computing environment to be responsible for contributing to the design, build and implementation of EUC based solutions.
• Provide authoritative, specialist end user computing expertise.
• Undertake and document the detailed technical design of infrastructure solutions to meet project objectives.
• Lead smaller and contribute to larger build, configuration and infrastructure implementations.
• Ensure all solutions consider security, capacity planning, contingency and support in line with current published policies.
• Assist in the production and maintenance of technical documentation
• To be responsible for supporting the effective delivery and transition of solutions into Service Operations.
• Good Microsoft product knowledge and experience including:
o Windows 10
o Office 365
o Office 365 mobility
o SCCM (Creating & troubleshooting; Packages, Programs, Task Sequences & Applications)
• Proficient with Active Directory, including managing GPOs, and securing and configuring endpoints with group policies
• Experience in tools to enable effective management of the modern end user computing platform
• Extensive experience of configuring, securing and deploying Microsoft Client Operating systems configuration (e.g. Windows 7 and 10)
• Experience of being key contributor to EUC-relevant major projects (e.g. Windows 10 upgrades)
• Powershell skills
The following Skills are desirable:
• Experience of AWS Workspaces and other virtual environments
• Experience of MS Azure
• Good networking knowledge
About The Company
IT at the Coventry is changing; we are currently undertaking an exciting transformation project that will shape the future of the organisation. As we progress on our journey we are seeking talented individuals who are passionate about delivering an outstanding experience for both members and colleagues in an environment where you will have the opportunity to be part of the future success of the organisation and work in an environment where personal and professional development is taken seriously.