Senior Solutions Architect - Data
About The Role
As the second largest Building Society in the UK and the 8th largest lender. We know a thing or two about Savings and Mortgages. The Society has grown significantly over the past decade in particular and now has over 2,500 employees and 1.8 million members. The Society is a Which recommended savings provider and we are proud to be one of the Best Big Companies to work for in 2021.
This is a key role in the IT Architecture team, providing an exciting opportunity for someone with extensive experience and expert knowledge of modern data platform architectures. Ideally you'll have previously led the end to end design of a large data platform from vision setting, defining the target state and producing a roadmap for delivery in an agile working environment. It is essential that you are a confident direction setter and subject matter expert who is able to communicate with business and technical stakeholders in a compelling and engaging manner. You will be responsible for providing strategic direction, expertise and leadership as follows.
Essential Technical Skills:
• Excellent cloud data architecture skills using a top tier cloud services vendor e.g. AWS, GCP or Azure
• Excellent experience of producing highly effective designs able to cope with legacy systems and technologies
• Deep experience and knowledge of all data structures and designs, e.g. data lakes, ODS, sql and no-sql, structured and unstructured data
• Clear understanding of how to design for high levels of data privacy and security
• Excellent Data Analytics and Big Data skills
• Strong knowledge and experience with ETL tooling, reporting services and data warehouses
• Exposure to and understanding of Master Data Management
Highly desirable skills:
• Solid understanding of Machine Learning techniques and tools
• Experience of working with Data Scientists
• Good general knowledge of proven Integration Architecture designs
• Previous experience with older or more traditional data management tools and techniques
• Some experience with coding, e.g. Python, within a data context
• Awareness and understanding of the benefits of Infrastructure as Code
• Awareness of Software Development practices, tools and techniques, e.g. version control, CI/CD
About The Company
As an employee, we encourage you to take control of your career. We invest in our people, with regular opportunities for training and development. And later, if you're looking for a new challenge, we actively champion internal progression.
We have a whole range of different ways to support you, both in your role and wider wellbeing. Our flexible working arrangements and family-friendly policies also help to make sure you are happy and in control of your work-life balance.
And we're committed to being by your side for as long as you want to be part of our story.