Application Support Analyst
- Durham, England, Großbritannien
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- Sopra Banking
- 19 Mai 19
Application Support Analyst
Sopra Banking Software is a banking and specialist finance software vendor, and a major global digital player. We have been supporting banks and financial institutions for almost 50 years. With in-depth knowledge of the banking industry, banking customers, and innovative technologies. The triple focus allows us to build powerful and agile software solutions and to implement them through value -added use cases.
We are committed to employing a diverse and inclusive workforce where all our people can be themselves and success on merit. So if this sounds like a culture you would like to be part of then be assured that we will welcome your application.
We believe our people are our greatest asset. We actively encourage the professional development of our employees with on the job training, learning from our subject matter experts, access to our Sopra University e-learning, and the benefit of external training opportunities.
As part of our hiring process new employees will be required to pass a consumer credit check and DBS check If you have any concerns about this please raise them with the recruitment team.
Sopra Banking Software is seeking an Application Support Analyst to investigate, replicate and resolve (with assistance from the technical teams) software issues raised by customers using our software products.
The successful Application Support Analyst will be liaising directly with customers to understand the nature of the issue they are experiencing, and then helping them to resolve it within agreed SLA's, possibly liaising with other internal teams and stakeholders. In order to achieve this, the Application Support Analyst needs to possess strong communication skills (written and verbal) and have a good technical grounding (reading/understanding code and familiarity with databases).
The ideal candidate will have:
- Good self-discipline, organisational, verbal and written skills
- Strong analytical/problem solving ability
- Software/Technical grounding
- Demonstrable experience of communicating complex technical issues and solutions to a wide audience and with varying degrees of technical understanding
- Experience in using ITSM and Service Desk management tools
- Strong knowledge of SQL and Oracle Database
- Knowledge and experience in one/all of the following programming languages: Cobol, Java, C++
- Knowledge or Experience of testing, defect management and change/release processes
- Experience/capability of working as part of a distributed team
- Degree educated in a technology or computer science discipline
- 1- 3 years equivalent experience preferably within the banking/finance sector
- The following skills or experience would be advantageous:
- Experience with API's and Business Objects
- ITIL/Agile methodology experience
By joining the Sopra Banking Software team you will enjoy our excellent rewards and benefits schemes including 6% pension contribution, employee share scheme, an option to buy or sell holiday days, medical insurance, health cash plan, flexible working where possible, plus many more excellent benefits.
Salary £20,000 - £22,000 p/a