Anti-Tax Evasion and Anti-Bribery & Corruption Lead in Edinburgh | NatWest Group Careers
Join us as an Anti-Tax Evasion and Anti-Bribery & Corruption Lead
What you'll do
- This role offers you the opportunity to become the bank's leading technical specialist in anti-bribery and corruption (ABC) and anti-tax evasion (ATE)
- You'll be leading a team of technical ABC and ATE experts to deliver policy, processes, guidance, models and appetite to support the effective control of ABC and ATE risks
- With excellent exposure, this is a chance to maintain relationships with peer banks and other organisations to share best practice and influence the ABC and ATE technical agenda
In this leading role, you'll be defining, developing and maintaining the ABC and ATE policy, standard and related guidance, appetite and models in line with ABC and ATE legislation and regulation. You'll be providing ABC and ATE technical expertise to the derivation of policy and appetite and responding to regulatory change and upstream risks, and you'll have the opportunity to represent the bank externally on regulatory and upstream matters.
Other key aspects of your role are to include:
The skills you'll need
- Presenting to a range of internal and external stakeholders, including regulators, investors, government and industry bodies
- Acting as the escalation point of contact for complex policy, customer and regulatory matters and approval of relevant risks in relation to ABC and ATE
- Being responsible for annual and ongoing ABC and ATE policy change, refresh and associated gap analysis
- Providing specialist ATE and ABC input and approval to the development of new propositions, including new products, services, investments, innovation and the adoption of new technology
- Anticipating, analysing and influencing material ABC and ATE upstream risks and producing expert insight to the bank's response
To join us in this role, you'll demonstrate ABC and ATE in-depth knowledge and technical skills, with a proven ability to apply these in the financial sector. You'll have a comprehensive understanding of financial services and the impact of ABC and ATE regulation and legislation, as well as knowledge of ABC and ATE financial crime risk and management principles.
You'll have proven communications skills with an ability to inform senior forums and bring technical information to life, clearly articulating priority areas of consideration.
You'll also need:
- A strong understanding of deploying pan risk strategies across the customer life cycle
- Strong stakeholder management externally and internally, with evidence of influencing and conflict resolution skills
- The ability to build external networks and influence the industry's policy position
If you need any adjustments to support your application, such as information in alternative formats or special requirements to access our buildings, or if you're eligible under the Disability Confident Scheme please contact us and we'll do everything we can to help.