Application Solution Architect
The Requirements Join us in London or Edinburgh as an Application Solution Architect
What you'll do
- This is an opportunity to join a diverse team of architects with broad experience of the financial markets
- It's a great chance to help shape, and be a part of the bank's adoption of this new way of interacting with customers and adopting cloud technologies
You'll be working within a Feature Team, defining technical solutions to business problems. You'll work with other Architects, Enterprise Architects and Business Analysts to investigate prioritised business initiatives, while delivering technical e2e High-Level Designs (HLDs). You'll collaborate will all technical feature teams to understand the complexities and impacts of their proposed changes, and illustrate these complexities in a HLD.
The skills you'll need
- Work across the lifecycle, from requirements analysis and design, through coding to testing, deployment and operations
- Liaise with Principal Engineers, the Domain Architect and other key stakeholders to understand how the Platform works and how it supports business objectives
- Improve performance continually through the ongoing evaluation and analysis of metrics
- Identify any interim solutions with recommendations to align to bank Technology strategy
- Consult developers during low level design whilst communicating progress to me and Enterprise Architects
- Update Architecture and Design on required design alternation
You'll need demonstrable experience of engineering disciplines, including analysis, design, testing, deployment, and a proven track record of delivering solutions designs and supporting low-level design activity. You should have experience of Java development, experience of microservice architecture, and some events management experience, concerning queues and events driven architecture.
You'll also need:
- Demonstrable experience in solving complex analytical and numerical problems
- A clear understanding of how their technical specialism supports RBS customers
- Knowledge of the RBS Change Framework
- Experience of agile methodology and associated toolsets and methodologies
- Experience of working in an environment where products have to be delivered to short delivery cycles, frequent deployment and continuous development
It would also be beneficial for you to have:
How we'll reward you
- Experience in AWS
- Experience in CI or CD
- Experience in Agile ways of working
- Knowledge of data architecture and security
In return, we offer a competitive salary and you'll also join our retirement savings plan. You can also choose from a selection of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer. Inclusion
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we'll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more .